Chapter 36 || Dreykov's Daughter

HEYOOOOOOO

Jayce POV

I follow Yelena out to the street, but look back to see if Natasha is following and once she appears I sigh, "You alright?"

"Fine."

"Natasha," I grab her hand to stop her from walking away and she hangs her head in utter despair. The second I hear a hitch in her breathing I know that she needs a boost so I tilt her head up with my fingers gently.

"I know this is a lot to take in, love. But think of it this way, there's tons of women out there who need your help. Who need our help and this time when you take this son of a bitch down, you'll have me by your side. You aren't alone in this. You are so different than you were back then, you're stronger, smarter, even more calculated and decisive. Don't let all of this rip you apart. You are not who you were back then."

Her eyes dart between my own, tears welling up as my words get absorbed into her head and heart. She breathes in shakily and gulps, "I wouldn't be so sure."

Yelena turns towards us, "You two can have your moment later. But right now, we have to go."

Natasha and I don't argue with her. We follow her down a street, running towards a set of motorbikes.

"Which one's yours?" Nat shouts and Yelena nods, "Black, brown seat. Where are my keys?"

When Natasha pulls a set of keys out of her pocket, she smirks whilst hopping on the hog, leaving Yelena standing in annoyance, "Akh, suka." (Ah, bitch).

I chuckle at them but jump up, landing on the side of the building when a giant tank crashes through cars around the corner, practically smushing them. Quickly, I open my bag and pull out a backup mask I made in London. It's not much, but it's all I got right now. Just a black cotton mask with plastic eye goggles.

I slip it over my head and look down at the women.

"Any day now!" I yell at the two sisters, signaling for them to get the hell out of here

"Any day now!" I yell at the two sisters, signaling for them to get the hell out of here. When Yelena hops on the back of the bike, Natasha revs it up and looks over at me, "You coming?"

"I'll be right behind you. Just go!"

I shoot a mass of webs between the buildings, attempting to stop the tank. It holds for a moment, giving the girls a head start and me enough time to swing away as fast as possible.

 It holds for a moment, giving the girls a head start and me enough time to swing away as fast as possible