2

Amity didn't see Luz  again for another year, when they were both set to attend the official  release of the new Good Witch Azura movie - The Field of Deadly Fates.

Lights  flashed as Amity pulled herself out of the car, a false smile plastered  across her face as she lifted a hand to wave at the crowds of reporters  and photographers. Her hair had been dyed green again, per the request  of her mother, to fit her character's appearance on-screen.

(The  few other officials in the company had, of course, agreed to Amity  re-dying her hair. It'd been incredible publicity the first time she'd  done it, appealing more towards the audience of alternative fashion and  widening the Blight brand's audience).

It  was a normal routine at this point, the process of walking down the  needlessly long carpet, posing for photos at the designated spot. In  comparison to the actual stars, it was incredibly lax.

She  found the first, small, formality portion of the event to fly by very  quickly, and her seat in the theater left her near the edge of the row,  sitting quietly next to her sister Emira - who'd agreed to be her plus  one after something came up last-minute with her model-friend Boscha.

(The  absence of Boscha was actually quite relieving, if she were to be  honest. She didn't have to play pretend at friendship with Emira, and  with the lack of Edric her teasing was a million times more bearable.)

The  movie, as expected, was incredible. Amity was fully engulfed with it,  the world drifting away until it was just her and The Good Witch Azura,  the series that'd comforted her throughout the entirety of her life.

And now, she was at the premiere of the movie.

Because... she was in it.

It  was a rude awakening when she saw her own face appear on screen, her  sister squealing and hitting her arm as the camera panned over to her. A  lone princess, quiet and obedient in the shadow of her overbearing  father.

She had no lines, but the camera had a habit of zooming in and capturing her reaction to certain events.

The  gold going missing, the mysterious Hecate slinking down the hall in a  feigned form of innocence, Azura being falsely accused and dragged down  to the dungeon.

...they'd kept in her flubbed take. The final one they'd done, where Amity fumbled over her words and blushed a soft crimson.

Amity could only pray that the small scene fell from the minds of the audience by the end of the movie.

There was an after party for the premiere, as there always was.

It  was overwhelming for Amity, and as soon as her sister wandered off to  reconnect with some of her famous actor friends - namely Viney, who'd  been playing one of the side characters in this film.

Amity  saw the way they looked at each other, but she pretended she didn't -  simply opting to glance the other way and disappear the moment she came  into view. Her sister deserved the stolen moments, lord knows they never  had the opportunities on a normal basis.

The  venue was one of the larger, more lavish places in LA - which meant  countless extra hallways and rooms that were out-of-use, reserved for  bigger events or conferences that needed the extra space. The balcony  Amity made her way to was deserted, though close enough to the main area  that there was a fully stocked fridge for her to steal a sealed water  bottle from.

"Running from the crowds?"

The voice startled Amity, causing her to drop the bottle she'd only just grabbed and spin on her heels to face the newcomer.