Chapter 2 ~ Finns Escape

Hello all! Hope you guys liked the previous chapter! It took me a bit to edit as I haven't written a lot but hey it's all good now XD. Keep in mind at this point my story is not really like the movie anymore. I will be introducing a new character to help Finn with his travels though because I do want to keep the base of the story. Anyway, enjoy this chapter :)

Finn~

"NO REY!!!" Finn screams as he sees his previous master of the first order take his newfound friend away. He may have only known her for a few minutes, but it felt like a lifetime. He felt a connection between them both. Typical of an ex stormtrooper to lose the only person that treated him like a human being. 

He gets up off the ground and starts sprinting, BB-8 hot on his heels. He weaves around the dead bodies of stormtroopers and sand dwellers alike. Jakku is not happy about this invasion, and they are defiantly fighting back. Picking up the nearest blaster he starts shooting at stormtroopers in a blind rage. The small droid helps out by electrocuting the nearest trooper making him convulse and topple over. 

Dodging and shooting, he eventually sees an opening to Kylo Ren's ship.  Hes sprints harder and faster than he ever has before nearly tripping over his feet. He's able to manage to shoot a couple stormtroopers that are with Kylo Ren's division. 

Ren, Captain Phasma, an unconscious Rey and the remaining troopers enter the ship and Finn starts to panic as he sees the boarding doc start to close, Ren looking directly at him. Finn hears something like a whisper in his ear "Traitor" it says. He shoots his blaster right at Kylo, but the dark cloaked man raises his hand and stops the blast midair. "Shit" Finn spits. He forgot about how in tune with the force this man is. He's starting to realize that you can't bring a blaster to a force fight. 

The doc starts to close and Rey, the girl of his dreams, is slipping from his vision. Once the ship lifts off the ground the blast that was frozen midair is released and hits the nearest person. The black ship speeds towards the atmosphere and disappears from sight. Finn, out of breath, falls to his knees in defeat, guilty, and enraged. BB-8 nudges the man and starts telling him that they need to escape the planet, but Finn has lost all hope. Wallowing in his guilt he hasn't realized the stormtroopers have caved in on his position and he is now surrounded by at least 5 of them. BB-8 Starts to panic next to him, but Finn is too busy sulking. 

Fed up with his incompetence, BB-8 zaps the man in the arm and Finn jolts, leaving his trance. He looks around and sees all the troopers surrounding him, sighing. "What do you suppose we do now..." He asks the droid. BB-8, angry, starts spinning in circles telling the foolish man that they should have run a while ago. 

"Well... I guess this is it for me buddy, you run as far and as fast as you can. Don't let the troopers find you. I'll distract them." Finn smiles sadly at the orange and white droid. BB-8 beeps sadly remembering the sacrifice his previous owner had made to save the information inside him and gets in position to speed away. Finn stands up from the ground gripping his stollen blaster. He looks at all the troopers surrounding him and takes a deep breath, closing his eyes to remember his dull life one last time. 

He opens them and takes aim. Just as he's about to shoot at them, three of the troopers start dropping like flies. "What the?" Finn exclaims. The troopers that are left start panicking looking around for the source of the blasts. Finn takes this distraction to his advantage and starts firing at them taking the remaining 2 troopers down. Triumphant, but confused, he too looks for the source of the blasts. After being unsuccessful he looks down at the small droid and BB-8 makes a confused beep signaling that he too does not know where the blasts came from. 

Wasting no time at all Finn beckons BB-8 to follow him and they start running. They get to the shipyard and start looking around for a running, capable ship, but they are starting to lose hope. Finn can hear troopers getting closer and yelling amongst themselves. Finns sight eventually falls on a large highly modified ship he recognizes as a Corellian light freighter. He hasn't seen a ship like this ever in his entire existence. He is so amazed by the ship, he almost freezes to admire it but swiftly shakes the thought from his head.