XIV: who was she?

Start from the beginning

Talking about Nayeon being weird in front of them, Mina wasn't surprised by that. She knows that as long as she's there with the cousins, it'll be just a pain in Nayeon's ass. She knows that this situation of them will make Nayeon uncomfortable in her seat like there are some ants crawling through her legs and trying to take a bite.

I think... you deserve to feel like that.

The Japanese girl internally smirks at her thought.

The torturous reunion of the girls finally comes to a halt that Nayeon has been waiting for. She badly wants to put the stop sign in front of them and will be unhesitant to beg for Wendy to come home because this scenario is so uncanny for her.

Saying goodbye is something that Nayeon isn't good at, and she thinks that she won't ever be good at it. For all the goodbye she gave before, why does giving this farewell to the Japanese girl feel so light.

Everything that happened this night is something that can fuel the uncomfortableness inside her. She thought that why out of all the things that could happen to her, why does it have to be meeting Mina?

Life can be some kind of a player sometimes and that's making Nayeon sick to the stomach. Why does out of all the girls in this damn sphere that can get played, why does it have to be her?

She badly wants to forget, but if what is happening to them right now is some kind of joke, well, it's not funny. And it can never help to finally erase everything and made their lives return to the usual canvas.

It's just making her brain's screws loose and with that, she can go mad.

***

A pleasant Sunday morning welcomes Nayeon's freshly opened eyes from her previous asleep state. The day today has something to do with her alarm being quiet all day. Meaning that her alarm is on-mute every Sunday because that is the only day when she can pay her body an immense amount of peace when it comes to sleeping.

Her body itched to wake up and she did. It's already 8 in the morning, time for her to cook food for the two of them.

This is Nayeon and Tzuyu's third Sunday together, for being at work every weekday and even Saturday, the older one doesn't have the time to spare some moments for Tzuyu, time to cook for the young lady.

Cooking for the younger one is one of her favorite hobbies now and she's happy to do that for as long as it can last. Somehow, living alone for how many years finally pulls up the barrier to it now. Putting an end to the lonely years of her life. She's happy about the joyful feedback of the younger one every time she's providing some self-made foods for Tzuyu. Feels like her hard work had been paid just to see that smile that is triggering the pair of little dimples on Tzuyu's cheeks.

Even though she doesn't have any siblings, in some strange ways, she found herself being fond of the idea of having Tzuyu as her little sister.

Speaking of the young lady living with her in this apartment, Nayeon decided to take the path leading to the bedroom of her 'little sister' to check if she was awake. Knowing Tzuyu's condition, Nayeon wasn't in the side of expecting some yawning sound or any noise, indicating that Tzuyu is already awake.

Before stepping inside the room, Nayeon knocks in a happy patterned way. After a while of no response, she called for the younger one's name.

Still no answer.

"That's strange." She mutters while frowning.

Usually, with just a knock or two, Tzuyu will bring her feet to the floor and walk in front of the door to open it for the older one. But this time right now, the antithesis took place. She then called once again for the younger one with a hope inside her that Tzuyu just overslept and didn't feel that Nayeon is just outside waking her up.