(Don't complain later that I didn't warn you.)

"Sherry?" She asked unsurely as her eyes snapped open. He carried her towards the couch. "What are you doing?"

"Uth gayi aap?" He taunted stopping. (You woke up?)

"You will drop me, Put me down." She panicked as he rolled his eyes.

"Have some faith in me, Begum. I won't drop you." He stated.

"Please put me down." She clutched onto his neck tightly looking between the ground and at him.

"Kuch khaya hai subah se?" He asked placing her on the couch and scoffed seeing her sighing in relief. "I wouldn't have dropped you."

(Did you have something from the morning?)

"How was I to know that?" She asked to reason. Her stomach grumbled answering the former question.

"Bhook nahi lagti aapko? Jeeti kese hai aap, Azeen saheba?"

(You don't get hungry? How are you alive, Azeen Ma'am?)

"Sorry." She mumbled sheepishly.

"Keep doing that, Doctor banne se pehle mareez ban jayengi aap." He scolded.

(You'll be patient even before you become a doctor.)

"I said sorry." She pouted.

"Ehsaan aapka" He rolled his eyes. (So nice of you.)

She made a crying face.

He exhaled. "I want you to take of yourself, Azeen. Not eating for hours will make you weak. How will you concentrate if you don't have enough energy? I won't be home every day to feed you"

"But you are here now." She stated sheepishly, trying to smile for cooling him. "Ab daant se bet bharenge ya khane khilayenge aap?"

(Will you keep scolding or feeding me too?) G

"Yes, here." He sighed forwarding the plate to her as he took his. They sat side by side. Her eyes drooped as she munched on her food.

"Sleep for a few more hours, after that we have dinner at Mamujaan's place I told you about last night." Shehryaar reminded her as the maid carried their plates down. Azeen settled back and rested her head on his arm.

"Okay." She nodded as he put his arm around her and she snuggled in his hold, letting herself seek comfort from him. She smiled as she felt him kissing her crown.

"You are tired." He stated and she yawned in response.

"Very. I have been up at 4, I still need to revise pharmacology. I don't like it."

"Just when I thought you are in love with your books." He chuckled. "You will be able to do it. You still have four days."

"Hopefully." She said turning to look at him. "Why are you early home?"

"You don't like me at home?" He questioned playfully.

"Ofcourse I like you at home." She stated immediately, "But you hardly are at home if it's not Friday or Sunday, even then you work all day. You don't have time at all, not like this to sit with me."

"Good to know you crave my time, begum." He grinned.

Azeen rolled her eyes settling in his chest, these days they have become the best of friends, sharing anything and everything, sticking together, and having each other's back in whatever situation it is. They are each other's biggest support system.

They had gotten close, dependent on each other for everything and embracing these small gestures of intimacy which made them hold on to the other's presence.