Nightmares

Cave, Dream

Mae sat at her desk as she used a microscope to inspect a small sample of the white cube.

She tried her hardest to concentrate whilst writing notes on what she saw.

"Mae! I need your help!" Kenji shouted from the table.

"Yes." Mae answered tiredly as she turned to the kids who were playing a game of poker.

"Does a full house beat four of a kind?" Kenji questioned as Geleel groaned.

"Can you please tell him it doesn't." Geleel complained since he was the one that put the four down.

"Sorry Kenj, not today, not ever." Mae said sincerly as Kenji groaned and threw his cards onto the table.

Geleel smirked at him. "Finally, I get to win." Geleel stated smugly.

Before Yasmina could make her move, Mae called out to them.

"Sorry to interrupt, but if anyone can round up some chestnuts I make a pretty mean soup." Mae bragged slightly.

"I'll go...it's getting kinda boring beating these guys." Yasmina said as she placed down four Aces and a three.

Everyone was in utter shock as their mouths hung loose.

No one was in more shock than Geleel. "I...wha-" He scrambled as the others chuckled at his shocked expression.

"Dude, she owned you." Kenji said as Geleel growled at him.

Yasmina began walking to the exit. "You coming or?" She questioned Geleel as he sighed and walked over to her.

"Guess you won fair and square." He answered as they walked out together.

"Translation, I completely whooped you three times in a row." Yasmina boasted as she chuckled slightly.

Forest

The two teens walked past the waterfall as they prepared to pick some chestnuts.

"You have to teach me how you got so good at poker Yas." Geleel said as she shrugged.

"It's just natural." She said as she knelt down to pick the nuts.

Geleel rolled his eyes as he knelt down besides her with the bag they were going to use to carry them.

Yasmina looked at Geleel as he picked some of the nuts.

'He's so handsome, I don't know how I'm this lucky to have a boyfriend like this...but one thing's for certain, Allah blessed me with him.' Yasmina mentally stated.

She was brought out of her thoughts as she noticed a black book on the floor to the left of her.

Yasmina gasped as she quickly realized that was her book...her sketchbook, but how?

"Yas? What's wrong?" Geleel questioned her as she retrieved the book.

Now he gasped as well as he recognized her book.

"How the hell did this get here?" Yasmina asked as she opened the book.

The trackstar landed on a page of a woman that looked to be a older version of her as she gasped softly and touched the page.

Small tears began welling up in her eyes as she smiled.

Geleel immediately put the pieces together as he hugged her to his chest.