3

"Come on! I want a turn!" Polaris whined as Gallifrey stirred the bowl of muffin batter. 

"No worries Lars." Gabriel said patiently. "We have plenty." Gabriel handed him the bowl of batter he had been mixing and Polaris began to stir eagerly. He had to check on the baby anyway who was enjoying herself in her playpen, chewing on her rubber unicorn toy, making it squeak loudly. 

"What are we having today?" An amused voice asked. "I can already smell bacon and cocoa." 

"Edie." Gabriel said warmly as his gaze met the blue serpentine gaze of his wife. Eden was holding a still very groggy Mercury. 

"Mum!" Polaris and Gallifrey set their bowls down and darted to their mother, who hugged her other two children tightly as she set Mercury down. "Good morning my loves." Eden murmured warmly.

"We're making blueberry muffins!" Gallifrey piped up as she and Polaris led her to the table. "Sit Mummy! Sit!" Polaris said as Mercury sat at the table next to his mother. 

"I was on my way to check on you." Gabriel said as he poured Eden, and everyone else a fresh mug of cocoa. 

"How are you feeling?" 

"Gabe, the birth was three months ago." Eden replied. "I'm perfectly fine now." 

"I know….." Gabriel rasped. "I just want to make sure you're okay.” The birth had been a breach and much more difficult than when the triplets had  come into the world. 

"No more worrying, beloved. Let's finish preparing breakfast before my parents arrive."