27

jungwon stared at his phone, him and jays text messages displayed on his bright phone screen. jay told him yesterday to text him when he was free for their date and frankly, jungwon was free any day but he didn't want to tell jay that. what if he came off as needy? he didn't want jay to think of him like that. he also didn't want to keep jay waiting either, so he was conflicted.

his mind was going crazy and his stomach was doing gymnastics. he didn't know whether he should text him today and tell him that he's free any day of the week or just tell him he's free a random day of the week. but, he decided to go with his gut.

he began typing and with a gulp, jungwon sent the message.

jay hyung <3

hey jay! i'm free whenever
for our date :)

jay hyung <3:
hey wonnie! would today work
for you? i have a few hours till
my next photo shoot

yeah today works! where
should i meet you?

jay hyung <3:
you don't have to meet me
anywhere! i'm picking you up ☺️

oh okay!
i'll send you my address :>
XXXXX ST
house 238

jay hyung <3:
thanks! i'll pick you up
in half an hour :)
see you soon jungwon!

half an hour??? jungwon ran to his room, almost tripping over the steps. he had half an hour to look decent and he definitely needed more than that. his hair was a mess from the nap he woke up from and it usually took him long to do his hair but today, he needed to do it quick.

he quickly slipped on some black jeans, a white long sleeve and a graphic t-shirt on top. he ran to his bathroom and began doing his hair. he had 25 minutes to look presentable and jungwon was getting nervous.

jungwon quickly touched up his hair. he didn't do anything special with his hair, he just left it down, his bangs slightly too overgrown. his hair was still slightly curly from last night when his sister decided to test out her curling iron on his hair. jungwon didn't bother to change it, he actually quite liked curly hair on him.

after doing his hair, putting some accessories and cologne on — thirty minutes had already passed. he walked down the stairs and sat on his couch waiting for jay. he was glad his sister and parents were out today, he didn't want to deal with all their questions as to why he was all dressed up.

a knock on the door had cut jungwons thoughts off and he gulped. he stood up and straightened his pants with his hands. he took a few deep breathes before opening the door and a smiling jay appeared who had his blond hair parted and his forehead showing. jungwon couldn't deny that jay looked really good.

"hey jungwon! you ready for our date?" jay said, smiling ear to ear and jungwon only nodded, too mesmerized by jays beauty. it felt like he was in a trance. but that trance was soon broken by someones hand in his hair. "your hair looks really cute today." jay said, retracting his hand from jungwons hair with a fond smile. "you should have it curled more often, it looks adorable."

jungwon blushed at jays words and coughed, being too embarrassed to look at jay. "t-thanks! i'm just gonna uh put my shoes on." jungwon said, stumbling over his words. he quickly put his converse on. he stumbled a bit with the shoe lace, it just wouldn't tie. jungwon saw jay get down on his knee and grabbed the laces from his hands and begun to tie it for him. "there we go." jay said, looking up at a flushed jungwon with a smile.