"I've done more than enough of that," Jimmy said, "I'm ready to get Scott back."

"And we will in due time," Katherine spoke reassuringly, "You know that we all won't stop searching until Scott is safely back in Rivendell."

"I know but-"

"Stop protesting Jimmy!" Gem yelled, cutting him off as she stood up as well. She harshly tapped the bottom of her staff on the floor and the crystal atop it glowed. A similarly coloured glow emanated from Jimmy's chest as she held it up towards him. "The spell that I cast on you is still fighting off the remnants of Xornoth's magic swirling around in your chest. In order for it to do its work you need to rest and stop exerting unnecessary energy."

"But I-"

"But what Jimmy?" Gem asked interrupting him again, "We don't know what Xornoth intended to do with the dark magic they left in your chest. You're lucky that they haven't done anything to harm you with it aside from the initial blows. However, as long as even the smallest amount remains swirling inside you they could still try and do something. Is that what you want? Does your health not matter to you?"

"I just want to help..." Jimmy said, his voice wavering a bit, "None of you truly understand how I've felt through all this. How worried I've been for Scott's well-being since he disappeared and Xornoth came back wearing his face. He means so much to me. More than you all will ever know and I just want him to be safe. I want him to be back here with us...

"With me."

Jimmy's voice cracked at the end of his statement. He seemed to shrink into himself a bit as he stared at the floor. His eyes started to shine with unshed tears as the silence that enveloped the room droned on. The person least expected to be able to soothe the Codfather was the one to break it.

"Alright Jimmy listen," fWhip said pushing his chair back so that he was standing as well. Gem raised a brow at her twin but fWhip waved her off her confusion. "You're right. We'll never know exactly how you feel about all this but we're still worried about Scott. We fret over him every day that we don't find him just like you've been doing. I see you opening your mouth, don't even think about interrupting me!"

Jimmy snapped his mouth shut and sheepishly fiddled with his webbed fingers. fWhip stared at him for a few beats before continuing.

"I know you want to help us find Scott, but think about it logically. You're not better yet. You're at risk of hurting yourself further if you don't let my sister's magic do its work. And if something happens because of Xornoth's magic while we're out searching, then what? You'll only be getting in the way of us rescuing Scott. Me saying that probably hurts your feelings but it's true.

"As such, you need to go back to your room and rest. You'll be doing Scott a favour. How do you think he would feel if he finds out you hurt yourself unnecessarily just to aid in rescuing him? I doubt he'd be happy. We're doing our best here and we won't stop searching until he's safely returned to Rivendell. So for now, just suck it up and leave us to figure things out. Sound good?"

"Okay..." Jimmy said a bit quietly. With that, he straightened up a little and left the meeting room. He somehow managed to close the massive double doors behind him without so much as a sound. All the rulers in the room were stunned into silence. They were all staring at the door in disbelief that it was fWhip of all people that had managed to get through to Jimmy. And the fact that the cod hybrid listened only added to the shock.

fWhip tore his eyes away from the door once Jimmy's footsteps had faded away and dusted off his hands. He then sat back down in his chair, Lizzie and Joel soon doing the same. He lightly crossed his arms in front of his chest and glanced back at the massive map covering the table. As he did, fWhip could feel everyone's eyes on him but the feeling of a particular set looking at him differently caused him to glance up at them.