Chapter 72: Ghost's Bride (8)

Start from the beginning

Oh no!

His reputation is ruined now.

An acquaintance just witnessed him wearing women’s clothing!

Cheng Zhi Chu’s face instantly flushed red. Even his pale neck was pink. He waved his hand in a panic and said: “Senior, no….. Let me explain……….”

After the initial shock, Bai XiXing calmed back down. He glanced over at the headless man standing next to Elder Li and, seeing that the man wasn’t moving, he said calmly: “I understand. You must have a reason for dressing up like this. So, did you come here again this time because of a ghost?”

Having said this, his gaze once again moved over to the groom.

Cheng Zhi Chi recalled that, in the last instance, the system had created some strange memory changes to Bai Xi Xing and the others, causing them to think that he could exorcise ghosts. Bai Xi Xing was probably thinking that he was here to exorcise another ghost.

“Thank you for your understanding, Senior.” Cheng Zhi Chu was relieved. “That’s right, I came here because it is related to a ghost. Also, I heard about Bai Yi’s situation just then. That is…..?”

“It’s a long story.” Bai Xi Xing looked at the passed out old man, and said, “Is he okay? He holds the clues so he can’t die just yet.”

“He’s not dead.”

Seeing Cheng Zhi Chu’s look of inquiry, the groom replied: “Only by letting him feel enough horror, he will speak the truth.”

“Yes, that’s true. No matter how I asked him earlier, he wouldn’t say anything. I almost got physical with him.”

Bai Xi Xing nodded his head: “Just that you probably scared him too much.” He didn’t feel pity for the old man. To even dare plot against his cousin, the Li family won’t be let off easily. He was just afraid of scaring the old man to death and losing their only source of information.

While Elder Li is out cold, Bai Xi Xing and Cheng Zhi Chu sat down and chatted about Mr. Mu.

“Over the past few years I have hired people to investigate about my cousin’s situation but, until now, I didn’t get any information. It was only recently that I got a hold of this icon.

It is said that this icon is a symbol for a secret organization. That organization is very ruthless. As long as you have money, they are willing to do anything that you want them to.”

Bai Xi Xing showed Cheng Zhi Chu the icon and frowned while speaking.

“Six years ago, the Li family was on the verge of bankruptcy. They went to find someone from this organization to help them change their fate, and that person was ‘Mr. Mu’.”

“At that time, the Li family was almost broke. He gave Mr. Mu every last bit of money that they had. In addition to that, Mr. Mu also had another condition. It was for the Li family to help him with something.”

“The investigations didn’t reveal what it was, but I suspect that it is related to my cousin’s disappearance. Later, I received new evidence. On the day my cousin disappeared, this old thing appeared nearby and appeared to be in a hurry. It was very suspicious.”

“I suspect the Li family probably did something, kidnapped my cousin and handed him to Mr. Mu.”

Bai Xi Xing’s expression was dull.

His voice was cold like ice.

“The size of this organization isn’t small. Their methods of doing things are also very ruthless and clean. They seemed to have a special means of erasing all traces of their actions, and their employers are all very tight lipped. It is very difficult finding a break through.”