18: "You won't die."

Start from the beginning

We hid in a door way for a moment to catch our breath and then I nodded at the two women. We all turned and shot swiftly. Six Dauntless members fell as we shot. Then suddenly some soldiers came up behind us. I freaked and turned. Another person hit the floor.

I hear my mother scream and I turn to her. She is on the floor. Blood pooling around her.

"Mum! Mum! Wake up!" Y/n's mother looks at me.

"We have to go." She looks at me then my mother. "Goodbye Natalie. I'll see you soon." And walks out. She has my mother's blood all over her hands and dress. I try and cover her. But a man is shooting at me.

The man shooting at me is not a man, he is a boy. A shaggy-haired boy with a crease between his eyebrows. Will. Dull-eyed and mindless, but still Will. He stops running and mirrors me, his feet planted and his gun up. In an instant I see his finger poised over the trigger and I hear a bullet slide into the chamber, I fire. My eyes squeezed shut. Can't breathe.

The bullet hit him in the head. I know because that's where I aimed.

I hear another scream and turn around. Y/n's mother lies next to mine, dead. Their blood mixing together on the ground, soaking each other's clothes until I can't tell whose is whose. I cry out in pain, not from a bullet wound or my shoulder but from the emotional pain of loosing my mother and a friend.

And I run. And I run. And I run.

*Natalie's pov*

"You have to. Now run." I said. "Come on y/m/n." She mouthed 'I love you' to her daughter and ran after me. I knew this was a suicide mission and I didn't want my daughter to be a part of that.

I heard a gun going off and turned around to shoot but someone was already covering us as we ran towards a building to find better shelter from the rain of gunfire. We hid in a door way for a moment to catch our breath and then Tris nodded at y/m/n and I. I smiled, I was so proud of her. We all turned and shot swiftly. Six Dauntless members fell as we shot. Then suddenly some soldiers came up behind us. Tris turned and shot them. More people hit the floor.

Then I feel a sharp pain in my stomach, just below my bra line. I hear a blood curdling scream erupt from my lips. Then I'm on the floor. Blood pooling around me. And I go limp.

*Will's pov*

I don't know what's wrong with me I want to stop. I don't want to shoot her. I don't want to keep going but I can't control my limbs. Tears feel as though they should be falling down my face. I see Tris' mum fall dead. I try to stop and comfort her but I can't.

I hear Tris yelling at me.

"Will. Will! Stop!"

I stop running and mirror Tris' stance. I poise my finger over the trigger and slide a bullet into the chamber. I feel as though I can't breathe. I don't want to shoot her. I don't want to kill my friend. I feel my actions falter. I'm stopping. I got to yell out to Tris but she closes her eyes and fires.

She aimed for my head but she was never a very good shot. As I feel my neck bleeding I remember shooting practice. I remember telling her that she should have statistically have hit the target, even by accident at some point.

And I feel myself dying.

*Y/n's pov*

You kept running, not caring that Tris had left you. You ran through the maze of buildings but you had no idea where you were going you turned a couple more coners but arrived back at the place you left. You saw Tris shoot Will and run screaming, past her mother and your mother, both whom were dead on the floor, blood soaking their clothes and the floor around them.

You ran to Will. He was lying on the floor, bleeding out his neck, smiling. I look at him and sink to the ground next to him.

"Oh god Will." I whisper. A chunck of flesh from his neck is on the ground beside him, his transmitter is in it. He is out of the sim.

"I can feel myself going."

"No you can't."

"Yes."

"Will, I will not argue with you while you're on your..."

"Death bed?"

"Get on my back. I'll carry you. And you know the way to where we're going."

"Thank you."

"I'm doing this for me. I can't let you die. You won't die."

1418 words.

A/n:

Will just couldn't die. I'm sorry. He might die later. I'll just let you get emotionally attached first.

bye love you guys,

Ocean xxx