♡ rich and poor ♡

My father sat next to me in the car in the back seat. His driver started driving. "Father, where are we going?"  6 year old me asked.

"We're going to town, son. We're going to look for school supplies for you for next year. Mr. Williams will be so happy with your new stuff." He said, Mr. Williams is my private teacher.
"Yes father." I looked out the window.

-

Ten minutes later we arrived. The driver helped me out of the car. He sat back down and drove off to a parking lot. My nanny also came with me. She held my hand so that my father wouldn't have to.

We walked in the city together. I looked around a lot as this was my first time in town.

-

My nanny was in a store buying everything while my father waits outside. I looked around and saw two people on the street, they didn't look like the others or me and my father.
I walked over to them.

It was a mother with her child. "Hello." I said. The boy looked at me. "Hi." He said back.

"Why are you sitting here on the ground in the cold and not inside?"
I asked. "We don't have a house to sit in." Said the woman with a smile. I sat down next to the boy. "I'm Clay." I said. "George and this is my mother." He said. The mother nodded softly, she was such a sweet woman i can tell already.

"Can I help you?" I asked. "No honey, you don't have to do anything, you're still so young yourself." said the woman.

"But I-"

"Clay, what are you doing on the floor, get up." Said my father, my nanny behind him with a bag full of stuff.
"Father my friend George has no house, we have to help." I said.

My father looked at George. "Your friend huh." He said. Because I have home school, I had no other friends then my stuffed animals.
But George is my friend! I think.

"Ma'am how much do you want for that boy?" He asked as he picked up his wallet. "My son? My son is not for sale."
She said worried. My father looked up. He sighed. "Can you clean?" He asked. "Yes of course, sir!" She said cheerfully.

"Very well then. You and your son may live in my mansion. But in return you become one of my maids and your son becomes my son's friend. Do we have a deal?" asked my father. I smiled at the woman. "That's a deal, sir." She said.

{ 10 years later, Clay: 16, George: 17 }

I closed the door of the library. I walked to my room with three books in my hand. "Hey, uhm.. Kate, can you send Geoege to my room, please?" I asked as politely as possible. She made a little nod. "Of course sir." And immediately walked away.

I smiled as I opened and closed my room door and sat down at my desk and grabbed my school books. I sigh and wait for George to come. Not long after, someone knocked on the door. "Clay? It's George, you asked for me?"

"Yes, come in." I said. He opened the door. "Close the door will you?" I asked. He did as I said and came to me. "What's the problem?" He asked.

I looked into his hazel brown eyes.
"I-I have trouble with my homework."
I cleared my throat as my face turned red. "Oh, okay. Which subject?" He asked. "Math." I said.

"Okay," He looked for a chair. I moved so that there was room for the two of us. "Oh thanks." He said. I smiled and let him sit next to me. "Can I have a look?" He asked. I showed him the book while I stared at him.

-

After a while I finally understood the formula. "Oh and then that two has to be there?" I said. He nodded. "Exactly."
I smiled at him. "God that's so simple why did I think it was different?" I said laughing. "No idea." He laughed at me. We looked at each other.

We were so close, yet so far away...

I had this feeling for a while. Every time I saw George I felt something more than the friendly, sweet feeling we had when we were little. And I don't know where it came from.

We kept looking into each other's eyes but my eyes drifted gently to his lips. My breath shot back into my mouth as I saw his pink, puffy, plump lips.

Before I knew it I was leaning forward and kissing him. He gently pushed me away. "Clay, wha-what are you doing?" He said. He stood up and turned his back to me in embarrassed.

"I- I... um... I thought- don't know, before I knew it I did it. George I- I'm sorry I-"

He cut me off with another kiss. I closed my eyes and kissed back. He sat back on the bench and touched my cheek.
A few seconds later we pulled away for a few seconds. "I've wanted to do that for a long time." He said. "Yeah me too."

We started laughing, I got up and pulled him to my bed, we lay down and hugged each other for a long time.
That's how we fell asleep together

~♡~

Words: 900