Chapter 17: What has been and what could be

Start from the beginning

"Lord Joongki, I have delivered the king, the nobles and their families as I promised. Will I be king now as you promised?" Hyungsik asked.

Lisa paid attention to Hyekyo. She has a cold beauty and her eyes were dark and dead. On her face was what could only be described a cruel smile.

"Kill him." She said coldly. Within seconds, 5 vampires were on him and quickly dispatched him.

Hyekyo laughed and turned to one of the other vampires. "Toss his corpse in that pig pen over yonder. Let us have our fest and the pigs have theirs."

Joongki stood there as if waiting for something. As Lisa watched, Hyekyo took out what appeared to be a amulet and took it in her hand. It was gold and had a red ruby in it. On it, was what Lisa assumed were markings of a long dead civilization. The ruby seemed to glow for a moment as Hyekyo touched it. As it glowed, Lisa could see a brief flash in the eyes of all the vampire present.

Hyekyo then tucked the pendant under her blouse and said quietly to Joongki. "You may give the order now."

"That's it." Lisa said to herself. "Somehow with that thing she can control the other vampires."

Suddenly, Joongki raised his voice. "The Gate is open, our prey awaits, tonight we feast on the blood of kings. No one is to survive."

At that point, Lisa could hear the notes of some long forgotten medieval tune coming from the windows inter mixed with laughter.

Lisa felt helpless watching what was going to happen. She knew that Mina, felt just as helpless up in the bushes. It sickened her to think about what was going to happen.

As the Vampires rushed through the open gate, Hyekyo smiled and drew her sword. She admired the blade for a moment. Then she strode confidently into the castle with Joongki following close behind.

A second later, Lisa heard the first scream, it was that of a small girl. More screams followed as the music suddenly halted. Lisa looked at the open gate, as she heard the sounds of confusion and combat.

Much like her ancestor only a short ways away, Lisa found herself paralyzed in horror. It was the screams that got to her. Each one feeling like a cold knife being plunged into her heart.