"Dad, are you serious?" I questioned, amusement evident in my voice.

"Look at her, Vasilios," my mom interjected, her voice firm as she nudged me closer to my dad. "She's a grown woman now, beautiful and successful."

My dad shook his head, his expression stubborn. "Nah, she's still my little girl, pudding. Look at that booger hanging from her nose."

As if on cue, Angelica burst into laughter from behind us, clearly amused by the lighthearted banter. Feeling slightly embarrassed, I quickly realized my dad's comment was nothing more than a playful exaggeration. I playfully rolled my eyes, brushing off the comment as I discreetly adjusted my appearance.

"I never expected you to come to the ball," my mom remarked. "These events usually don't interest you." I chuckled and replied, "Well, Zane sent me an invitation, and it's been a long time since I saw you all, so I thought I'd join."

"Zane, huh?" My dad mused. "Yes, Zane," I confirmed. "We're actually working on a project together," he added. "I know," I said. Surprised, my dad asked, "He told you that?" I nodded, smiling.

Interrupting our conversation, my mom interjected, "Alright, enough chattering. You girls should get some rest. Tonight, we're having dinner with family and friends."

"Sorry," I apologized, "I won't be able to join for dinner tonight. I already have plans with Zane." My mom raised an eyebrow, curious. "Oh, really? What kind of plans?" she inquired.

"Just dinner plans," I explained. My dad interjected with a loud hum, "Where are you going for dinner? Why can't you both join us?" I couldn't help but roll my eyes. "I haven't decided yet, and we already made arrangements," I replied.

"You didn't inform us about your plans with Zane," my dad pointed out. Confused, I looked at him and replied, "I thought I had outgrown the stage where I had to inform you about my every move and who I'm with."

"No, no," he retorted, "that will never change. Not as long as I'm alive. The option of you becoming a nun is still on the table."

With a smile, my mom slapped my dad on the back of his head. "Vasilios, leave the girl alone," she scolded. Then she turned to me, her expression kind and understanding. "It's alright if you can't join us tonight. We'll catch up later."

-

As I stood in front of the mirror, Angelica worked on styling my hair. "Wear that red lace panty I got you," she suggested. I shook my head, adjusting my sticky bra. "No, I think I'll pass. Can you please help me lace up the dress when you're done with my hair?"

"Sure, sure," Angelica replied, focusing on the final touches of my hair before proceeding to lace up the elegant red flowy dress with a tasteful side slit. The dress looked stunning, and the bracelet Zane had gifted me complemented it perfectly. Once the dress was laced up, I proceeded to do my makeup. When I turned around to face Angelica, she gasped in awe.

"You look absolutely beautiful. Zane won't be able to take his eyes off you. He might even skip the whole 'asking you to be his girlfriend' and go straight to proposing marriage," she teased. I rolled my eyes playfully and chuckled. "Come on, now you're just being dramatic."

A soft knock on my door interrupted our conversation. "Zane's here, sweetheart," my mom announced. My heart fluttered with anticipation as I took one last look in the mirror, making sure everything was perfect. Taking a deep breath, I opened the door to find Zane standing there, looking dashing in his suit.