4 2 | c u d d l e s

Börja om från början

"We can go shopping tonight." He suggested.

"Shopping?" I asked.

"Yes, shopping. Be ready at 6." He said.

"Okay." I nodded. Little did he know, I loved shopping and he didn't need to say twice.

•••••

After work, we went shopping. I had thought he would take me to a mall but instead, he stopped the car in front of a massive boutique. The boutique looked expensive and I dreaded going inside, but I couldn't back out at this moment, could I?

I walked behind Faaris into the store and the array of aligned dresses made my mouth gape. All the dresses I had grown up watching celebrities wear on TV shows and movies.

"Good evening sir, Ma'am, what are you looking for?" A blonde woman came to us and asked. She was herself wearing a very elegant body-con dress and I suddenly started feeling underdressed.

I looked at Faaris and he looked at me in response, waiting for me to speak.

"I want something modest, with full sleeves preferably. I don't want to show any skin." I told the woman.

"And what color palette are you looking for?* She asked.

"Blue." Faaris said.

"Blue?" I looked at him.

"Blue." He muttered softly. "I want to see you in blue."

I blushed and nodded to the woman. She then led the way while Faaris and I silently followed her. We entered a hallway that was lined by multiple dresses in different shades of blue. There were short dresses, midi dresses, maxi dresses, skirts and what not, all in blue.

She showed me a mermaid dress but when I tried it on, it hugged all my curves and left nothing to imagine. I rejected the dress and asked for something a little loose. Faaris's eyes particularly widened when he saw me in that dress but he looked away immediately. She then showed me a dress that was too loose and flowy. I might have taken it if Faaris hadn't rejected it.

After trying on ten different dresses, Faaris and I finally agreed on one. It was a full sleeved royal blue satin dress. The top part of the dress was embellished with net material and showed some figure while the lower portion was flowy. Faaris paid for the dress and we then went to a nearby shop to buy matching heels. The dress and the heels both cost a ton and I was really hesitant to let Faaris pay but he did't listen to me at all.

After all the shopping, we went to a burger place and ate the juicy beef burgers in the car. By the time we reached home, both of us were extremely exhausted so we changed into comfortable clothes and went straight to the bed.

"So what is the gala for?" I asked.

"For fundraising." He replied.

"What if I feel out of place?" I asked.

"You don't have to worry about that. I'll be with you all the time." He smiled.

We were lying close, our faces towards each other. Nowadays, we spend the nights cuddling with each other and weirdly, I sometimes look forward to it. Most of the time, Faaris is the one who initiates it but some days, I was the one to bridge the difference between us.

Today was one of those days when I snuggled closer to him and put my hand on his waist. Faaris, glad by my attempt, pulled me closer and nuzzled his nose against mine.

"Noor, what do you feel for me?" He asked suddenly.

"I... Umm.. You tell me first." I asked, surprised by his sudden question.

"Me?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Yes." I asked.

"I like you." He said and my cheeks warmed up. "A lot."

"I like you too." I replied. "I didn't think I would but I do." I replied.

"Why didn't you think you would like me?" He asked.

"Because you are you." I said and immediately regretted.

"Please elaborate." He raised his eyes.

"I mean, you were always so distant and rude." I said.

"I was distant but never rude." He replied. "Besides, it isn't like you ever tried to talk to me."

"How could I? You always seemed like you found me really immature." I said.

"Maybe I did." He chuckled and I slapped his arm. I was about to push him away when he pulled me towards himself and hugged me tightly. I melted into his touch and hid my face in his chest. He always smelled really nice; crisp and masculine with a hint of earthy scent. Maybe it was his cologne or maybe it was his body odour but whatever it was, it always made me feel relaxed.

"Past is past. What matters is our present and I can safely say, I am very happy with my present." He said and then made circles on my waist with his fingers. "You are mine and I am never letting you go, no matter how long it takes." His words made me feel emotional all of sudden because of the overwhelming feeling in my chest and I struggled to keep myself from crying.

We stayed like this for some time until Faaris's hoarse breaths turned into soft snores. I untangled myself from him and laid him gently on his back. Placing a small kiss against his lips, I rested my head on his chest and let the sleep overpower me. 

•°•°•°•°•°