~Chapter Two~

The rogue was purring. "I got a clan cat!" the rogue mewed cheerfully. Beetlepaw struggled free, once she stood she had a better view of the rogue. She was emaciated, and you could see every rib behind her cream-coloured fur, her dark blue eyes stared at Beetlepaw with a good-natured gleam and put her in mind of the evening sky. Beetlepaw felt an unwarrior-like feeling...pity. "Well, are you just going to stand there?" the rogue said, bringing her out of her thoughts. She was lashing her tail and her ears were pinned, but the cheerful look in her eyes gave her away. The rogue hopped over and swiped at Beetlepaw, however, her claws were sheathed. Beetlepaw easily pinned the rogue. "No fun!" purred the rogue. They play-fought for what could have been a few heartbeats or a few moons. Batflight burst into the clearing, looking panicked. He leapt at the rogue, and Beetlepaw ran over and yelled. "Wait! Stop!" but if Batflight heard, he ignored her. By the time they broke apart Batflight had a few minor scratches, the rogue, however, had a large wound along her side. Beetlepaw ran over to the rogue and laid down beside her. "Beetlepaw, what are you doing?" Batflight said, confused. "She's bleeding, help me get her to camp!" she said whilst trying to pick up the rogue by the scruff. "She's a rogue on our territory, and she attacked you, why are you trying to help her?" he said. "She's not dangerous, we were play-fighting! We can't just leave her bleeding." Beetlepaw said, slightly panicked as the bleeding showed no sign of stopping. "Why were you playing with a rogue- whatever you can explain later." Batflight went and helped pick up the rogue. They half-dragged, half-carried the rogue to camp.