PART THREE

✧༺♥༻∞ part three ∞༺♥༻✧

✧༺∞ part three ∞༻✧

If anyone tells you they don't like gossip, they're lying.

Everyone gossips, whether they do it intentionally or not. Sooyun was terrible for it, somehow always knowing the latest trouble with that couple everyone envies, or the friends she made on her course or whatever else. You couldn't pretend not to enjoy hearing what she had to say, always finding an interest in her stories. Most of it was just that; fictitious, but you couldn't care less. Gossip was gossip, a story was a story.

You'd never felt what it was like the be on the receiving end of the latest gossip, though.

It began when everyone started to talk about the fact you won the showcase competition, as the news spread quickly around campus and people you didn't even know were coming up to congratulate you. Luckily for you, after receiving as much praise as you did, Ms Kwon hadn't said a word to you about you changing her choreography, instead taking it in her stride and pretending as though it was her own.

You'd realised she was a morally grey character when Minho had told you she'd slept with a student, but you didn't realise to what extent. Knowing she was taking praise for the choreography you, Hyun and Felix had created did irk you, but what could you do about it. You were lucky you got off as easily as you did. You hated confrontation, you didn't want to cause trouble, so ignoring the situation suited you just fine.

The trouble started when Hyunjin had slid into the booth you were in at the university's cafe one day, which Jeongin had recently started working at. It was a week after the showcase, a Saturday afternoon, when he flopped in front of you, huffing and puffing as though he'd ran a marathon.

"Have you talked to your horrible boyfriend recently?" he breathed out after a while, wiping beads of sweat off his forehead as he slumped into the chair opposite you. Jeongin, who'd been enjoying a quiet shift and had come over to talk to you a couple times whilst you'd been studying, came over to join the two of you as he announced he was on a break, taking a seat beside Hyunjin.

"Yeah, why?" you said shortly, raising a brow at your dramatic friend. It was true, you had been talking to Doha more frequently after he'd come to watch you perform. He'd actually made an effort to message you, and you finally started to think things were going back to normal with him. Oh, how wrong you were.

"It's just...fuck, I'm so out of breath," Hyunjin whined, taking a drink out of your water glass, a habit of his you'd picked up on.

"Did you run here?" Jeongin asks seriously, moving his chair away from Hyunjin and his excessive sweat, making you chuckle.

"Would you believe me if I said yes?"

"Yes," you and Jeongin said in unison, earning an eye roll from Hyunjin and a high five between the two of you.