I Almost Threw Up Thanksgiving |57|

Start from the beginning

"Like a fucking sponge. Now that's punk rock," Y/n replied with a exhausted laugh. Her heart was throbbing with two things: energy overload and sadness. Now she was the hero that failed to die trying. Would she have to live through something like that again?

It wasn't the idea that she would have to live through it again that shook her, it was the fact that she was still alive. All her mistakes mauling her, we're still here to torture you and you won't get away this time.

"Not funny, kid," Tony frowned. He took in a shaky breath.

Y/n frowned too, the sudden urge to break down pawing like a dog at the front door. She didn't.

"God I'm so glad you're alive," he let out, hugging her tightly.

I'm not.

His happiness just made her sad this time. She'd fooled him. Fooled them all.

They thought they liked her. That she was funny. That she was smart. That she was good.

She wasn't any of those things.

She fooled them.

That's how much of a shit person she was.

But Y/n said nothing, letting the dam build up as the rest of the group laughed with joy that she was alive and hugged her and made her feel a love that she didn't deserve.

The night air was almost a comfort, making everything fuzzy and pixilated. Making things not real. Making things dark. Dark like death.

Y/n forced a laugh, continuing the facade she'd created to fool them. "We're back."

Back in the right universe. But this one was hardly different from the others. Those other ones had been painful because the lies Y/n made her gone and this one was painful because she was aware of them.

"I'm not letting you out of my sight ever again," Tony told her, looking at her face.

"Neither am I," Clint said.

Y/n was back. Back with the family she'd wormed her way into like a rot. She couldn't help but feel undeserving. They didn't get it. She wasn't good. Wasn't a hero. She was selfish.

"Let's get you home," Natasha said  smiling, wrapping an arm around the girl and helping her up.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Peter asked, holding out his hands as if she were taking her first steps and she might collapse.

"We'll give her the look over at the tower," Tony said.

Her body did ache and she felt out of her mind but still, she could handle this. One thing she knew was that she needed to get away.

"I feel fine, actually. Really great," Y/n replied. "I think I shoul go home. To Joss...she's probably worried." She knew it sounded fake but she needed to get away from the people she'd manipulated. It was wrong to be there when they were so oblivious. They'd hate her soon enough. And the truth was...Joss was her home. Two evils together.

"Not happening," Tony deadpanned, his face stern.

"You're not going home to her," Peter added, his face contorted as if she were crazy.

"But she should at least know I'm alive," Y/n argued, shame plaguing her. She couldn't look them in the eyes.

There was a long silence as the group contemplated her request. Steve and Toyn shared looks and Natasha and Clint looked completley doubtful having picked up on Peter's concern. Wanda had pursed lips and Bruce's eyebrows were knitted together.