chapter 8

-enola's pov-
together, me and y/n made our way back to our shared lodge, this one being a lot nicer and cleaner than the last.
"good afternoon ladies" a worker greeted us.
"good afternoon" we smiled back.
"you've got a visitor" the worker told us.
me and y/n shared a look of confusion before heading up the stairs, outside the room y/n told me she'd wait outside.

warily, I opened the door, curious of who would be on the other side. I paused when I saw my mother, standing there, well dressed.
"this is a surprisingly nice room" she said, "I like the finishing touches"
I fiddled with the pinecone toy I held in my hands.
"I can't stay long," my mother began again "people might be watching.. how on earth did you find that?" she asked, referring to my childhood toy.
"sherlock did" I told her with teary eyes.
"I thought you had forgotten it" she spoke "you never could leave it alone as a little girl. You used to drag it around behind you-"
"sherlock said" I interrupted her.
"you'd heard queen victoria had-" she started but I yet again interrupted her, "sherlock said that too."
there was a moment of silence until my mother broke it, "well, nice that you two have connected." she paused "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." she apologised "I wanted to tell you where I was going, but it wasn't safe."
"are you safe now?" I asked as I walked closer to her.
"I didn't leave you because I didn't love you" she ignored my question, "I left for you.. because I couldn't bear.. to have this world be your future. So I had to fight. You have to make some noise if you want to be heard."
the more she spoke, the more I had to fight against the tears in my eyes.
"Oh, it's funny" she chuckled softly "I thought.. I was the one that was going to change the world. The reform bill.. is is true what you did?"
I laughed lightly with a sniff.
"What a woman you've become." She smiled, I then pulled her into a warm hug, we pulled away slightly before she kissed my head.
"Thank you for your irises" she said "now, if you ever ever need me, I'll be looking out for them"
"You have to go" I told her.
"Yes but.." she hugged me again "let's just stay like this for a bit."
"I'd like that too" I said as my lips tugged at a smile. eventually the hug broke and my mother headed towards the door.
-y/n's pov-
the door opened and exited a middle aged woman, enola following shortly after, the woman turned to me and smiled politely.
"oh- and mum.." enola said.
"yes darling?" she replied.
"this- this is y/n, my girlfriend." enola told her scared of what she'd react like, but to her surprise her face broke into a wide smile.
"I'm so proud of you enola" she grinned before walking down the stairs.
enola rested her head in the crook of my neck as she slowly waved to her mum, I copied her actions and waved too, until her mother was out of sight.
"how'd it go in there?" I asked.
"good.." she answered "it went good"
I wrapped an arm around her back and smiled softly along with her.

alright! and that's finished! wooohooo! just started writing an eleven x reader book!!

-surferboypizza ♡︎