chapter 3

-enola's pov-
my uniform was drenched with y/n's dried tears from last night, she still quietly lay in my arms, lost in her dreams. she then started to twitch a little and shortly after her eyes flickered open, she twisted her head around until our eyes met. confusion painted onto her face she asked,
"what are we doing here?.." she observed the room.
"last night?" I tried to remind her "as our punishment we were sent to sleep in here?"
she thought about it for a moment, "oh yes, I remember" she clambered off me and dusted herself off before lending me a hand which I gladly took causing her cheeks to go pink as she lifted me to my feet.
"so-" she began but was cut off by the door opening.
"morning ladies" miss harrison spoke in her usual sly voice "how did we sleep?"
y/n and I just gave her the same glare, knowing that she was only teasing us.
"breakfast is ready in the hall" miss harrison sighed, recognising that she wasn't able to wind us up today.
me and y/n stormed right past her and made our way to the hall, when we entered everyone stared at us. there must've been about 200 pairs of eyes looking right at us until y/n snapped, "what are you all looking at!?"
she was brave, I'll give her that.
we sat down together again but this time we ate sensibly, unlike dinner yesterday.
-y/n's pov-
once we had finished we were able to go back to our normal dorms again, enola insisted on taking me to hers so I just followed along with her.
in her room, we sat on her bed.
"I would do anything to get out of this school" I groaned.
"same" enola agreed before asking "how did you even end up here in the first place?"
"well.. me and my father never had the best of relationships, my mother died when I was around six and my father always got angry and blamed it on me and so we would argue and it would always lead to him.. hitting me. so eventually he sent me off here, and he's definitely forgotten he even has a daughter by now" I rambled but by the end of my monologue tears welled in my eyes, I tried blinking them away but enola noticed them before I could. she rested a hand on my back, it felt fuzzy and comforting, I leaned onto her side.
"and you?" I wondered "how did you get here?"
she chuckled "that a long story.."
but then there was a sudden thud at the door, we both stood up and approached the handle which enola twisted to open the door, a post man being on the other side.
"a parcel for enola holmes?" he asked.
"yes that's me," enola replied "who's it from?"
"mr Mycroft Holmes" the man politely answered.
"what does he want?" enola sternly said.
"well, whatever it is, it's heavy" he told her before dragging the package in.
the postman left the room.
"what on earth does mycroft want?!" enola pondered.
I shrugged but the box shuffled a little, both me and enola gave it a small kick.
"ow." the box grunted in pain.
enola lifted the lid for it to reveal a young boy, squished up in there.
"tewkesbury!" enola exclaimed as the boy stood up
"tewkesbury? who's tewkesbury? the place tewksbury?" I questioned.
"I'm tewkesbury" the boy proudly announced.
"alright" I said "could've guessed."