Chapter 5

Lena Andino

I nervously scramble in my spacious bedroom, folding and refolding clothes at the corner of my bed

I nervously scramble in my spacious bedroom, folding and refolding clothes at the corner of my bed.I had change my clothes millions of times finally settling on a shirt and a plain pair of blue jeans. I dance and twirl my way to my body mirror as I hum a Charlie Puth song . I check my hair, breath, and even my backside. At that I blush a little embarrass. Nervous and scared couldn't define how I feel but I smile at the mentioning of Hayes .

When my phone rings at the edge of my dresser, I dive towards it and answer.

''Hello?'' I answer breathless.  On the other end my friend since kindergarden,Tyler, chuckles as I attempt to cover the disappointment in my voice.

''Geez, you sound really excited to see me,''she says with sarcasm dripping in her voice,'' but its okay, I know you thought I was loverboy,''

''Oh,'' I pause trying to form my sentence.'' I'm sorry,I am.I've just been on edge lately.I'll make it up to you Ty Ty,I promise.''I assure.

''It's fine Len, you don't have to keep apologizing.I'll be alright, I'm just a bit salty for you thinking I was...him since we've haven't talked for a couple of days.''Ty tells me.I nod as I peep out the blinds,noting my neighbors are outside talking.

''I know, it's a new record for us ,''I comment,''have you had the chance to talk to Lily?''

''A few days ago,are they back from ther trip yet?''Ty questions.I shook my head involuntarily.

''Yep,Lil told me that she might just come back and move there.She said there were some really cute island guys,'' I joke in a playful tone.Ty joins in laughing.

''What are we going to do with her?''she laughs.I shrug smiling.

''Love her,'' I check the time like I did periodically every few seconds.A frown slightly tugs at my lips when I notice its only two-thirty.

I hear Ty sigh.''What,your all quiet now.Spill,''

I sigh as I fall backwards onto my bed and blew air through my lips.''Time is moving too slow for me.'' I complain.

''Time waits for no one. Anyways what is it?Two thirty-two? And only about two hours until loverboy arrives?Find something to do,'' Ty suggests.

''Like what?''I whine with a small pout.

As Ty listed ideas of what should I do which includes buying her ice cream, I began dazing about Hayes as my replies and fidgety movements became lackadaisical and lethargic . I close my eyes as I imagine him here with me and talking about one of our many conversations we shared ,joke , and laughed at.

''Earth to Lena Andino?!''Ty obnoxiously remarks loud.I snap out of my daydream with a starstruck smile.

''I got an idea,'' I say with a mischievous smile as I tap my chin.