part 22

Precap: The sports festival started. Both Suman and Shravan reached the finals in the badminton competition.

Tiwari house at night

Kanchan is working on laptop and talking on phone at the same time. Suman enters the room.

Suman: What are you doing?

Kanchan: Updating all the points of today. The calculations are real complex. This Shefan and Mayank are talking in puzzles, I can't get in their conversation at all.

Suman: So who is ahead in the race?

Kanchan: Can't say, sometimes one team is in the top, within a few seconds the other team takes the lead. We can tell tomorrow.

Suman: OK.

Suman sits down on her bed and checks her racket. Kanchan keeps working on her laptop. Finally she completes and looks at Suman. She sighs looking at her.

Kanchan: Ok, will you tell me what's wrong? I'm seeing you since the last match, you are checking your racket continuously.

Suman looks at her listening to her question, she slowly puts down the racket.

Suman: Kancha, there is a problem.

Kanchan: That's what I am asking behna. What happened?

Suman: My racket broke.

Kanchan: What?

She jumps out of chair and takes the racket. After checking it she looks at Suman.

Kanchan: Why are you telling now? You have finals tomorrow.

Suman: I forgot.

Kanchan: You forgot! Suman Tiwari forgot!

Suman: I planned to fix it but after match I started talking with Shravan, we kept talking for long and it got out of my mind. What am I going to do now?

Kanchan goes and takes out her racket. She gives it to Suman.

Kanchan: Play with this one tomorrow.

Suman: This is...

Kanchan: I know I have lost by playing with this racket today. But I know you can win with this one tomorrow.

Suman smiles and hugs her.

Suman: Kancha you are a life saver.

Kanchan breaks out of the hug and prepares to go to sleep.

Kanchan: It's fine, if you don't manage to win tomorrow because of a broken racket then that buddy of yours will create a ruckus.

Suman: Kancha, wasn't Shravan behaving a bit weird today?

Kanchan: When does he behave normally?

Suman: I mean the way he was cheering for me, wasn't he a bit too much?

Kanchan: Your buddy is supporting you, what's weird about that?

Suman: Yes but we are in different team. My win means his loss. He was getting happy over his loss. He took so much stake in this challenge but he doesn't seem to care about it much.

Kanchan: You are right actually. Since the start of the sports competition he kinda got laid back on this whole challenge thing. He was fine even before the first race, was saying stuff like we have to win the challenge, we will show those army gang. But after that I wonder what happened. Did you heard about the party?

Suman: Yeah he invited me.

Kanchan: I think he already invited half of the school. If we win it's all fine. But by any chance if we lose then how can we party? It will be so awkward.