Chapter 4-Phil's POV

It was almost time for the date.

I clocked out of my shift and got into my clothes from my locker. I always had a pair of nicer clothes on hand, in case of emergencies, so I put on a button-down and some jeans. I fixed my fringe and got ready to walk into the park again.

Soon enough I was ready to go and I left the cast's room for Tony's. I was so nervous, my legs were wobbling the whole way there. Finally, I was around the block from Tony's, and I was so scared I was considering turning back. I didn't, and I kept on walking.

The street was bare of people; no one was around because they wanted to be up close to the fireworks show at nine, even though this area had no trees and the spectacle was easily viewed from here.

There were dim streetlights lighting my path slightly, and the restaurant lights were on to light the way to where I was going.

Music started playing from the speakers, violins and accordions. It was lovely, and I saw an outline of a tall man, holding something behind his back. "Is that you, Charming?" I called out.

"It's rather sweet of you to call me charming, but I really prefer the name Dan. Daniel James Howell."

"Nice to meet you, Daniel James Howell. My name is Phil. Phillip Michael Lester," I replied in a playful voice.

"Phillip Michael Lester," he said, trying the words on his tongue. I liked the way they sounded from him. "Phillip isn't that common anymore, is it? I like that," he said, as my cheeks burned up. "Oh, I brought you these," he said sheepishly.

In his hand, he held a small bouquet of yellow flowers that were slightly starting to wilt. It was absolutely adorable, and I gratefully took them and took the one wilting the most and put it in my pocket, because that was the first flower that he picked just for me, not for his mom, not for another boy, but for me. No one had really done that for me before.

Of course I had had girlfriends in the past, but I haven't had many boyfriends. Those just felt like phases. This felt like more.

"Thank you," I said. I wanted to sound genuine. I hope I did.

"May I invite you to sit down for dinner, my prince?" He asked, in a childlike but sophisticated manner.

"You may," I replied in the same fashion, and he pulled out my seat for me to sit in. When I did, he pushed me towards the table, and awkwardly smiled. It was adorable, especially because he only had one dimple.

"So, how'd you end up at Disney?" I asked him.

"I wanted to become a lawyer, back in England. One day at Uni, though, I just had this massive panic attack, so I dropped out, and now I'm here. It's better than nowhere though, especially because I met you." I blushed at this, not knowing what to say. I didn't have to say anything, because Dan filled the space. "Hey, Phil, the fireworks show is starting!"

We started eating our spaghetti, which was delicious, when the fireworks started. Jiminy Cricket started narrating about how dreams come true when I looked down at the piece of pasta I was eating. I found that Dan was eating the same piece. He noticed at the same time, I think, and I think we both knew it would happen. I don't think either of us wanted to stop it. We heard the music start for the fireworks.

We got closer to each other's mouths.

"When you wish upon a star...,"

It seemed inevitable. I liked that.

"Makes no difference who you are..."

I started panicking. Was my breath okay? Did I have acne cropping up? We got closer.

"Anything your heart desires...,"

I relaxed. This felt right. It felt natural. And it was oh, so real.

"Will come to you..."

We collided and the fireworks went off.

I grabbed Dan's cheeks and pulled him in. I wanted to know him, so much, this boy, this boy was different. This boy was everything. The world seemed duller around him.

Dan... He was the only thing there.

Collided is the only thing to describe it. It was a passionate kiss, but not forceful. It was simply a collision of mouth against mouth, cheek against hand, eyes gazing into eyes and everything in that instant was in those boy's eyes.

We pulled away after splitting the pasta in two.

"I hope that wasn't too cheesy for you," said Dan. His fringe was sticking up, his pupils were very dilated, and his cheeks were very red.

I responded with a light kiss on the cheek.

"Apparently not," he replied.

We ditched the pasta. "Who needs it anyway?" I said to him. We held hands and walked around the park before it closed. We saw there was no line for the teacups.

"Wanna have the ride to ourselves?" asked Dan. I did not like spinning, and I told him this. "Don't worry, I've got you," he replied.

We got on the ride and picked a yellow teacup with green and pink designs to match our bouquet of wilting flowers. "Ready?" he asked. I shook my head. He laughed. The ride started.

We started spinning, and Dan started turning the wheel inside the teacup. I got really scared. He heaved the wheel around and I ended up on his lap, so I hugged onto him. My legs were around his waist and he held onto me, laughing. He pecked me on the cheek as the ride started to slow down.

"You just did that to make me scared, didn't you," I said, resigned.

"No, I did that to make you sit on my lap, you silly daisy," he replied.

"Daisies... Is that what those flowers are?" I asked.

"Yep. You're my yellow daisy." He wrapped his hand round my waist and I kissed him on the cheek.

"I hate you."

"Love you too." Dan realized what he said and froze for a second.

"No... I love you too," I replied.

He sighed with relief. "That's good. I didn't want to scare my future off with a few words."

"Nope. You're stuck with me now, you doofus."

He kissed me and we walked out of the park together.