I stare at the map we had been drawing, comparing it with the maps Sneeg and Wilbur had sent us. Each little red cross marked an entrance or exit point of a cave. Most of them were littered around old reservoirs or hot springs or dried-up creeks or small lakes. From what we understood about the contraption in the volcano, there are not enough exits to get out the water at a safe trickle. The pressure would create temporary geysers which could damage the rainforest or any surrounding residences. 

There isn't enough time to dig more exits. We have no idea what Typhon is planning or just how strong his grip is over the council. The faster we act, the more we can ensure that the plan will work. We'll just have to rely on existing river channels and creeks where the water had dried up from. The channels flowing from the reservoirs will also be useful in redirecting the water once it comes crashing down. 

But to do any of this, we need to find the plans for the massive machine in the mountain. 

Next to me, Ranboo's pen scrawls furiously across the letter he's writing to Sneeg and Wilbur. Maybe there will be something they can find in the council offices, though it's a long shot. Whatever Sneeg and Wilbur can provide us will be useful in some way. 

"The only entrances we know of are the reservoirs and caves Jack told us about and the exit Tommy and I used last time," I repeat for the millionth time. I'm not convinced that I'm saying it for anyone's sake but my own. 

Tommy runs a stressed hand through his blond curls. "Maybe that's it then, make it explode and it all pours out."

I shake my head. "We can't risk killing all those phantoms, they're not evil, they're just blind to the outside world."

"If the caves are connected to everything we can get it all out," Tubbo mutters to himself. His brows are furrowed and his antennae flick furiously as he thinks. His eyes sparkle with ideas. Tubbo has always been the tinkerer of the group, and I couldn't be more thankful. 

"What are you thinking?" I ask. 

"If I can get my hands on some plans, I might be able to nut out some kind of gadget with Jack. We can use it to distribute the water through all the caves evenly. It's not ideal and there will still be geysers, but at least they'll all be the same height."

"If you write the letter I'll take it to Jack," Ranboo says shaking out his sore wrist. 

"Make sure you ask about a map for tunnel routes, it will probably be more accurate than ours," I say. 

Getting the water out was one problem, but the phantoms were an even bigger problem. They wouldn't leave willingly, and we won't be able to miraculously un-brainwash them. They've been trapped underground for years being fed the same information over and over to cultivate their hatred. Leaving the caves will be the last thing they want to do, especially since they know the sun will harm them. They don't understand that the war is over, and perhaps some of them don't want it to be over. 

"The invisibility potions worked until I ran into Typhon. We could try it again when we go in there," I say, refocusing our attention. 

"Does that mean splitting up?" Tommy is quick to shoot me a worried look. 

Since Tubbo and I tuned into their conversation a few days ago, Tommy seemed jumpier than usual. The bigger problem was that he still hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend. We may as well be together already. We live together, eat together, work together, we even sleep in the same bed. Not to mention we love each other. I swear to god...

"No, we're not doing this solo," I say and immediately Tommy's expression calms. He really can be an open book. "We'll work in pairs. You and I can deal with Typhon and the phantoms whilst Tubbo and Ranboo rig the contraption to blow."