Chapter Five

Well, you honestly never predicted this.

Here you were, waking up in your own bed, with your head comfortably resting on Bucky’s chest. Your arm was slung over him, while his hand was tucked snugly around your waist. You half-expected to pinch yourself and wake up in class with a professor shooting daggers at you.

Slowly shifting upwards, you moved to prop yourself up on your elbows, only stopping when you were nose to nose with your guest.

A smile spread over his face. ‘Morning.’

‘You stayed over.’

‘Mhmm.’ One of his eyes opened a slither. ‘Did you not want me to?’

‘I thought we said no strings attached?’

‘Sleeping over isn’t a string, it’s a well thought-out gamble to maximise potential sex time.’

‘Seems like you’re having your cake and eating it.’

‘Oh yeah?’ Without a hint of warning, his eyes shot open and he bolted over, taking you by surprise and managing to pin you on your back. ‘You make it sound like I’m the only one getting my kicks here.’

You flashed him a mischievous smirk. ‘I never said that.’

He dipped his head downwards, burying his face in your neck, the sensations of his lips against your skin making you melt a little. His body came to rest flush against yours, the firm pressure on your stomach sending tingling waves down all your limbs.

You were teetering on the edge of becoming totally lost in this moment when an obnoxiously loud knock echoed through the room. Both your heads snapped in the direction of the noise.

‘Hey, you up?’ Nat’s muffled voice came from behind the door. ‘How did last night go?’

‘Shit.’

Bucky turned back towards you, obviously trying to fake disappointment. ‘Damn, guess we have to tell her now.’

‘The hell we fucking do.’ You shoved him off of you, frantically jumping out of bed and throwing a sheet over his head. ‘Just- pretend to be asleep.’

He sat up, fully covered by the fabric, looking like a cockblocked ghost. ‘This is a little much, don’t you think?’

‘Hey, Casper, either shut the fuck up or our deal is off.’

He raised his hands in surrender, huffing like a toddler on the verge of tantrum, and rolled over so his back was facing the door. You kept a suspicious eye on his shrouded form while pulling on your dressing gown, half-convinced he’d dive into a big reveal as soon as he heard the lock click.

Cracking the door open slightly, you gave Nat your best innocent smile through the gap.

‘Hey, how did-’ Her eyes immediately skipped past your face and landed on the thick set of calves poking out from underneath your bed sheets, her voice lowering to a whisper. ‘You fucked him on the first date?’

You shook your head sheepishly, wincing. ‘I fucked someone else on the first date.’

‘You what? You brought home some random dude from the bar?’

‘Mhmm, yep. I did.’

Amazing, really, that you’d rather Nat think of you as someone who dumpster dives for bed companions than someone who’d dare go within ten feet of Bucky. Oh well.

She gave you an amused head shake before backing off, at which point you took the opportunity to firmly slam the door closed and turn the lock.

Well, you’d gotten away with that bit, so now all you had to do now was figure out how the fuck you were gonna get him out of here.