I didn't feel real for a fraction of a second, almost like I saw a flaw in the illusion that stood in my reflection. Rather, I had another head spin that accompanied a sharp ring in my ear.

I closed my eyes tightly, regaining my balance. I continued getting ready and went to the living room. My father, who was going through a bunch of papers on the dining table looked up at me with a close-eyed smile.

"You look nice." He says sweetly.

"Thank you," I said.

I heard some noises upstairs, Mother was still getting ready.

"I'm going to step outside," I said.

"Go ahead."

I walked outside and sat on the bench. I sat in deep thought about everything that's happened these past couple of weeks.

I looked up to the moon, its white rays shining through me to touch my soul. It held it in its palm and stroked it so gently that I felt a cold sensation in my chest. I heard the sound of the leaves on the trees when a gust of wind came by, and I also heard a rattle in the bushes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EARLIER

"Hey, Ushiwaka?" Tendō called.

"Yes?" He said, putting away the last of the dishes.

"Do you like Hana?" Tendō asks.

"What kind of question is that?" He walks over to the living room and sits on the sofa next to the one Tendō and Hayato are sitting on. His tone was a denying one. He put a coffee mug on the table.

"You're sure?" Hayato asks.

No response.

"One hundred percent sure?" Tendō adds.

No response again.

"What's going on? Talk." Hayato demands.

"She hasn't been talking to me recently. And, I just, keep thinking about her. That's it."

"Ever thought of why she's always on your mind?" Hayato asks.

"No. She's just there." He bluntly responds.

"Well, how do you feel when she's around?" Tendō asks.

"I don't know. I do feel a bit sick sometimes." He responds.

"Sick? Is she smelly?" Hayato asks.

"Of course not. She smells of flowers and her eyes are actually. She has this hair too, it's.."

"Well, what is it with her eyes?" Tendō asks, looking at Hayato.

He kept looking down foolishly, answering them wholeheartedly.

"Her eyes are brown, but a kind of brown that just looks like a mural. It feels like her eyes were painted on a canvas, they're lustrous. They have some darker tones in the middle and lighter tones in the ends and they compliment that hair of hers..."

"What about her hair?" Hayato asks, looking at Tendō. They were giving each other signals.

"It's brown as well. More of a hazel color. It's shiny and it just looks fitting in every way she puts it. It frames her face nicely. It covers some of her face but just the right amount." He stated all that he said in a way that made it sound like he was voicing the obvious. He moved his head around and moved his fingers like he was reciting what he memorized. What he didn't know is that his words couldn't coexist with his expression, his affection was shining out.