Marcos paused, taking his eyes away from the court, then turned to his best friend as he said with a small chuckle, "You don't even like her."

Since he was slowly becoming more comfortable with himself, more than he ever was, he had his hair in it's natural state, wavy and brown with make-up on, wearing his butterfly choker, a black net halter top, cream off shoulder sweater and a pink pleated skirt with pink and white thigh high socks, his crescent and star ring being the only accessory on his finger.

"But my reputation, my ego," Ace stated, sighing. "She's destroyed it. Kaboomed it. Even my toaster treats me better than this."

Ace's relationship with the cheerleader had apparently ended with the female saying that the only probable reason for him being 'aromantic' was because of the size of his dick. Which wasn't true, but that didn't stop her from spreading it.

Soon enough, there was that out there, and stories of him being mean, cold and always threw her out when they had sex which wasn't even true. One, he genuinely thought she was cool and they watched movies together, two, cold? Ace couldn't even be cold if the whole world was freezing over and he chased her out?

They literally used her house because his grandmother was so ready to marry him off to the first person that would enter their house. Male or female or Enby.

"Plus, she makes me out like this predator," Ace said, snickering. He was always a jolly soul. Pretty much always optimistic, but lately, that whole ordeal had taken a toll on him. "I already feel like shit because I can't experience romantic attraction for anyone, but that was just cruel."

"You shouldn't feel like shit for that, Ace," Marcos sighed, "You're not a sociopath, or psychopath. You're a boy that spends half of his day with his grandma, trying his best to make sure she never gets sad for a minute and refuses to sell the truck that belonged to her husband, even though you need the money and it'd help with so many things in the house. You're considerate. You're funny. You're kind, and you're sweet. Just because you don't feel romantic emotions doesn't stop you from having actual normal feelings."

"I know that, but I don't know. If I had romantic attraction, somehow, perhaps—"

"Do you really want that?" Marcos cut in. "To have your heart go crazy when someone's beside you? Abandoning all sense of reasoning when someone you care about is mentioned, always, constantly, putting someone else before yourself, and let's not forget the fact that they're all you think about?"

"Eww, no," Ace said, a distasteful look on his face. "Why do you have to put it like that, dude? Jeezus."

He laughed, turning back to the basketball court as the other school cheered. "Exactly. Besides, you'd regret doing anything for someone in the long run, because worst case scenario, they abandon you, cannot be with you at a certain point, you hate yourself more than you currently do."

He heard his best friend snicker now. "Oh yeah? Did your future valedictorian boyfriend teach you that?"

Marcos smiled as he spotted Paris. He was sweaty, running around in his jersey, half the players trying to cover him up as he was the star player for their school. "Perhaps my secret girlfriend did."

Though Ace still had no idea of her, Marcos now liked to talk about a certain someone that he has... Had feelings for, and he knew it tormented his friend that he had no idea who the person was.