Chapter 4

We got back to the hotel and mom and dad put us to bed. It was around 9:30 pm so I had to wait another two and a half hours until I can meet up with Nia. I sat there for hours waiting for the clock to stike 12, and when it did I jumped up and changed into my clothes I wore today. I took the room key from the dresser and stepped outside our room. The halls were quite and only the sounds of snoring and some sounds I don't ever want to hear again filled my ears. I walked around the corner to the staircase and made my decent to the arcade.

When I got down the stairs Nia was waiting for me. "What did you want to talk about?" She asked. I ran towards her and threw myself into her arms. "I can't do it." I sobbed into her arms. "Do what?" She asked and took my cheek and whipped a tear from my face. I winced when she hit the bruise on my cheek. "What happened to you? Who did this to you?" She asked and examined my face. "My mom."

"She did this to you?"

"Yes, but this was my fault."

"What did you do?"

"I snapped at her."

"Your a teenager, you snap she shouldn't hit you because of it."

"No, it was my fault."

"No it's not, she shouldn't hit you for these kinds of things. How many times has she hit you?"

"I don't know."

"Yes, you do. Now spill."

"Fine since I turned 17 and that was a month ago."

"What? I have to get you out of there."

"No, she will just come after me and tell the cops some stupid lie."

"That's why I'm talking you on tour with us."

"What? No! You can't do that!"

"Shhh, yes I can. Please come with me."

"I don't know."

"Come on." she said and took my hand and ran up the stairs.

🐆🐅🐈🐆🐅🐈🐆🐅🐈🐆🐅🐈🐆

"What are you doing?" I asked as we stopped at our room. She knocked on the door and I heard someone get up. The door opened and mom peeked her head out, "What do you want?" She stared at Nia and looked at me and took my wrist. "No, let her go! She is coming with me, away from you." Nia's words cut like knives in the air. Mother held my wrist tighter I felt her nails digging into my skin. "What did you say?"

"She's coming with us."

"Us?"

"Yes, me and the rest of Hey Violet."

"Who gives you the right to say that?"

"I do." Dad said from behind Mom. His face was stone cold. Mother let go of my wrist and Nia took me in her arms. "Go, get away from her." was all dad had to say and he gave me my phone and bag, took the card from me, and closed the door. "Thank you." I said just as a door opened. I jumped as a messy haired Luke walked out of their room. "What's going on?" He looked at me and Nia. "Saylor, are you okay?" He said and brushed a piece of my hair from my face. He took one look at my bruise and pulled me into a hug. I didn't pull away, I let him hug me and I hugged him back. "Nia, why where you yelling?" He asked and held me in his arms. "I. She. She's coming with us on tour, after we record." He lifted my chin and looked at my bruise, "Who did this?"

"My mother."

"What?" He said and started to walk to the door. "No, don't!" I yelled and pulled him back. "Why not? She can't hit you and get away with it." he said and continued to walk. "Luke, please don't." I begged. He turned around and stroked my cheek. I pulled back and grabbed my bag. "I can leave my brother and sister." I said and slid a paper I had scribbled on, "So sorry but I have to go" along time ago when I tried to run away. "Here, before we get mobbed." Luke said and let us into his room.