Volume 2: Chapter 2 Part 2

Start from the beginning

Kanzaki honestly couldn't refute that, because he knew she was right. However, he caught one important detail in her explanation that he just couldn't ignore.

"Are you saying you want us to drop to Class D?"

"Not at all. I don't exactly want us to drop that low either, however, I want us to see the benefit of it in case we do. Horikita-san's class was stuck at the very bottom of Class D since the start of school and now look at them. The same thing can happen with us."

"But that won't happen if we keep doing what we've always been doing. I'm saying we need to do more than this friendship and protect everyone!"

"Of course. Even I know that things need to change. Which is why when the cultural festival comes by, I'll be looking to make a few changes. And for that to happen, I'll need your help, Kanzaki-kun."

The beautiful bright smile from Ichinose returned as she stood up from her seat.

"However, I still think we need to keep doing what we've always been doing. I want us all to graduate from Class A. I don't want to lose anyone. You're the same, aren't you? We need to keep everyone, but we also need to make changes to our strategy so that we can really become a strong and formidable class by the end of this year."

[After all, if I can't do that, I won't be able to face Ayanokouji-kun again and show him how much I've changed.] She added in her head.

"So let's work together after the sports and cultural festival and bring our class back in the fray, Kanzaki-kun," she said as she held out her hand again in front of him.

He was a little shocked as he expected a debate... no, more like an argument like the one back in the unanimous vote special exam where they just went back and forth. However, it seemed like she had made a change. Kanzaki couldn't quite put his finger on it.

However, he decided to just shake her hand and agree with her.

"But for now, I would like us to keep doing what we're doing for now and then go from there. Kanzaki-kun, if you want us to really make some changes, then there is only one thing you can do."

"And that is?"

"Become the commander of our class for the sports festival."

"Wha-"

Now Kanzaki was just outright shocked. He was sure that Ichinose would take the commander role for their class. He wasn't expecting her to say he should become the role.

"How should I say this? You'll be able to see where we can go forward if you become the commander for the sports festival. Plus, I think the rest of our class needs me as their anchor rather than their commander. You're our next best option to be the commander. Actually you might fit the role better than me."

"Well..."

"Please just take the role, Kanzaki-kun. It'll be for our future. That's what you wanted to talk to me about, isn't that right?"

He could no longer argue with Ichinose. Being the one who wanted to persuade her that they needed to change their ways, he really didn't expect this coming from her. He could only nod and agree with her.

The two of them talked a little more before Ichinose decided it was finally over and left the classroom. Kanzaki also realised he had been in the classroom way too long and decided to leave.

"Seems you got what you wanted. Although maybe not the way you wanted."

However, as soon as he left, he was confronted by a girl with long twintale violet hair, complemented with the serenic violet eyes. The girl was none other than Himeno Yuki, a girl also in Ichinose and Kanzaki's class.

"How long were you standing there Himeno?"

"Long enough to hear Ichinose-san make her pledge."

Kanzaki sighed before speaking up again.

"Do you still agree with Ichinose like you did back then?"

When he tried to change his class's way in the unanimous vote special exam, one of the people who argued with Kanzaki and sided with Ichinose was none other than Himeno. Kanzaki thought she was just like him in a few ways because of how she acted, but after that day, he thought maybe his prediction was a little bit wrong.

"Of course. Though you probably know that I don't think we should always act like besties and delude ourselves from certain reality. There are lines to draw. That's what I told Ichinose-san."

It was at that point Kanzaki's eyes widened.

"Himeno... Don't tell me..."

"All I did was follow some advice Ayanokouji-kun gave me. I just mentioned to Ichinose-san what he thought I should tell her, and it turned out that she ended up agreeing, leading to what she told you now."

"Ayanokouji..."

That was the last name Kanzaki thought would pop up.

"I'm sure you know already, but Ichinose-san is fond of Ayanokouji-kun. Something must have happened between the two of them because he told me he couldn't be the one to say that stuff to her at the moment, which is why I did it. He did say if it weren't for the fact that you are really... thorny? I think he said... He would've come to you and told you to tell her."

"I see..."

"Well what's done is done. I came here to get my bag because I left it, so I'll be taking it and going back home. Ichinose-san will be one of our two pillars for the sports festival. I hope you will do the same with your role... Commander."

Himeno grabbed her bag quickly and left just as fast. Kanzaki had witnessed a lot of surprises today that he just couldn't move at this moment. After taking some time to regain his thoughts, he sighed and began making his way back to the dorms, wondering where Class C was going to head now that a new strategy was getting ready to form itself.

A/N:

A short chapter with Ichinose, Kanzaki and Himeno. Ichinose is finally developing, and it's thanks to Kiyotaka and Himeno? Wow... Ok... But there will still be the power of friendship though... Oh guys, btw. Fun fact. Remember the g-string theory I told you guys about back in Volume 1? Himeno Yuki was the one who allowed myself and my friends to start this theory before it ultimately moved onto every single girl in ANHS. So I treasure Himeno Yuki more than you think (Those who've known me on discord long enough will understand what I'm talking about) haha.

- rainy26541 (G-String)

P.S. If this chapter seems a little rushed or all over the place, honestly I really wanted to include an Ichinose and Kanzaki part but really wasn't sure how to go about it. This ended up being what I created and even then I still wasn't sure about it. In the end, I just accepted this and went with it. Up to you guys if it's alright. Anyway, see you guys again soon.