"I, uh— I don't want to alarm anyone, but we may have a bit of a problem." Dale points in the direction that I had tried so hard to look away from. The man, Jim, was digging holes; you could see his body moving up and down, following the shovel.

"I— I think we should just leave him alone." I frowned, finding my shoes to be the most interesting thing at the moment. "Let 'em dig."

It went straight through their ears, everyone had ignored what I said and not even tried to take it under consideration. All of camp had watched him for a few seconds before taking off in that direction, going to destroy his seemingly peace and quiet. It had bothered me that they were going to bother a man who wanted nothing but to be alone— if he was hurting himself in the process, it'd be his problem, it was obvious he knew what he was doing and he was aware of what was happening to himself.

I took a walk; moving around to blow off some steam after being ignored so badly. It wasn't a far or long walk, just something to help me clear my mind from everything that had happened in the past two weeks or so.

It was something that had always calmed me down. Jamie told my mom that this was what was best for me, something to help me think. I agreed with her obviously, it was like me to follow her around— I had looked up to her, she was like a mother; a loving, caring, dependent mother just like my own.

I shook my head from the thought, a sigh pushing pass my lips as trees pass me by. I outstretch my arms, letting the my fingers brush against nature— the very nature that I had been infatuated by since I was a toddler. Relief, calmness it was what I felt walking around the woods, letting the sunlight hit me and kissing my skin softly. I welcomed it; I welcomed nature and all of its flaws and beauty.

I had enjoyed it because the soft breeze the whistled by reminded me of recess during school; it reminded me of all the time I spent on the swings.

And just as I had welcomed it, I had to let it slip right out once again. A sound from the distance had cut me out of my thoughts, out of my moment of pleasure. I had one look around before taking a couple steps back, it wasn't that I was scared, I was unprepared and weaponless. I heard another noise, this time closer— the sound of groaning following along with it.

I ran— I ran without looking back once. I followed my memories and tried to find my way back to camp. I didn't know which way the noise came from and it wasn't a chance I was going to take. A bile rose in my throat, kind of like the feeling of melting lava erupting from a volcano, it was heavy and it only tightening the slower my running got.

A scream erupted from me, the feeling of arms wrapping around my leg made me do so. It had tripped me, so I fell to the ground with a loud gasp. The monster was pulling on my leg, had a hold that was so tight that bruises would appear. I gasped again, kicking the thing in the head and trying to pull it away from me. It only let the mouth get lower and it bit into my shoe, gnawing on the bottom of my converses with a growl. I cringed, kicking it once again and getting up.

I didn't want to take the chance so I brought my shoe down on it's head once again, and again, and again. I kept on until it wasn't breathing any longer, until it wasn't moving anymore. I heaved a deep and heavy breath, placing my hand on my knees.

A hand touched my shoulder and I reached behind myself, swinging as hard as I can into the face of the person touching me. I had winced when realizing it was someone from camp— Shane.

"I— I'm sorry." I breathed, hauling myself into his arms. I was a shaking and whimpering mess, the sound of my heavy breathing and crying causing him to tightening his hold around me. "I didn't mean to hit you."