"Ember," I emphasize her name, "you're always doing homework. Take a night off or something," I say, nudging her arm. I shouldn't have suggested the idea knowing she would want me to do the same with her and I've been trying to cut back on that. Then again, it has been a while since I've gone out and I think I might need a night off soon.

"I'm a nursing major, Nola. Did we forget?" She stares at me firmly. "We're freshmen! We haven't even started taking courses for our majors yet, babe. Take a breath, I'm sure you'll get that 4.0 GPA," I assure her. Ember is big on academics just like I am only she takes it to a whole other extent.

Ember stares at me for a long moment, contemplating whether or not to believe me. "Is there anything tonight?" she finally asks. My smile grows at her words. "ATO is having an 80s-themed party tonight," I tell her, pulling out my phone to show her the text I received last night from Eli Webber, ATO's President. "Don't we have to be in a sorority to go to that?" Ember groans.

I loop my arm around hers. "No. We just have to be hot." A smile creeps onto her face and she throws her hair behind her shoulder. "And that we are," she says. "Let's do this."

***

As soon as me and Ember stepped into ATO's house, the smell of weed, cheap beer, and sweat filled my nostrils. While disgusting, I invited it all in. I've been trying to focus on school and figure skating so I've missed some parties thrown by my favorite frat.

The music that's no longer muffled has people yelling the lyrics and swaying their bodies to the beat. I waggle my brows at Ember, grabbing her hand and pulling her further into the crowd of people. She steps towards me awkwardly, making sure not to slip on her feet with those big ass heels she decided to wear.

I laugh at her attempt to stay up as she shoots a shy smile toward Joey Van Natta who seems to be appreciating the little pink dress I put her in tonight. Eventually, Joey pulls his eyes away from Ember and looks at me. His grin only grows as he inches toward me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "My favorite geed," he says, looking down at me.

I roll my eyes at the term. "My favorite pledge! Ember, this is Joey, he's Eli's little. Joey, this is my roommate, Ember." I introduce the pair before unwrapping Joey's arm from around me. He extends his hand toward her which she grabs and shakes shyly. Typically, she's not shy around boys.

But not all boys look like Joey Van Natta. The nineteen-year-old looks more like he's 21. He's about six-three. He has blue eyes that can pull in absolutely anyone he speaks to. His dark brown hair curly hair peaks out through his backward UCLA cap. His pretty teeth also do him justice.

"Nice to meet you, Ember. Sick name." Em flashes a smile at the compliment and nods. "Thank you!" I grab her arm shortly after, squeezing between them. I don't want to be alone for the rest of the night. "We'll catch you later, Joe. Do you guys have any drinks?" I ask. He nods, lifting his arm and pointing towards the kitchen. "Enjoy the party, girls."

The two of us smile before we cross through a ton of people to get into the kitchen. I just hope the alcohol didn't run out yet. I stalk towards the cooler that sits in the middle of the kitchen and lift the white lid. Tons of drinks sit on top of one another and I giggle like a little schoolgirl as I make my pick. "What do you want?" I ask Ember.

Her eyes scan the inside of the freezer. "Same thing as you!" she says over the music. I pull out another Twisted Tea and hand it to her. We both open our drinks, staying by the cooler. "Cheers girly." We hit our cans before chugging the first Twea down. Everyone knows the first drink of the night is always supposed to be chugged.

It's something my uncle Rhys taught me.

I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand and set the can down, grabbing two more. I hand one to Ember. "Let's go fuck shit up." I don't waste another second grabbing her hand and leading her back to the dance floor. Hopefully, the drinks don't run out too quickly because our night is far from over.