Malewife Itadori Yuji

Start from the beginning

They stood together like that for a few moments. If asked. Yuji wouldn't be entirely sure how long they stood like that as he was rather overwhelmed by his own churning thoughts that Megumi's closeness had brought.

Their position gave Yuji the chance to realize that his friend smelled good, like black licorice and lightning storms, before Megumi finally pulled away.

"You made lunch?" he asked quietly, looking around Yuji and into the rooms behind him.

Stepping aside so Megumi could join him outside the room, Yuji decided to roll with the topic change, "Yeah, I made those meatballs you like."

The other paused, then turned a small, fond smile back at Yuji, "Thanks."

Megumi brushed past him and headed towards the table where their teenage sensei was waiting for them with a rather suspicious looking rectangular object in his hand and a shit eating grin on his face.

If Yuji wasn't so worried that his heart was about to beat out of his chest, he would have probably been worried about that.

Luckily, Megumi seemed to be suspicious enough for the both of them.

"What is that?" he demanded, dropping into a seat at the table next to the other teenager and reaching out to swipe the object out of Gojo's hands.

His hand hit Gojo's infinity before he could touch him. Yuji and Megumi both paused at that before remembering that this was a Gojo that didn't know them really yet, and certainly not one that trusted them enough to exclude them from his infinity.

To the other's credit, he seemed a bit apologetic for his blatant mistrust and immediately showed Megumi what it was he'd been holding, "It's just my phone."

"That's a phone?!" Yuji asked incredulously, coming over to drop down next to Megumi and leaning over his shoulder to get a better look at the mentioned phone, "Oh my god, that thing is ancient! Can you even take photos with that thing?"

Looking rather offended on his poor phone's behalf, Gojo clutched it close to his chest, "I'll have you know this is a Nokia N95! It just came out this month!"

Yuji's startled gasp went ignored, "A Nokia!!!"

Gojo pressed a few buttons on his phone before thrusting it out at the other two.

"And of course it takes photos, look!" he said smugly.

There was a grainy photo on the phone's screen, but even in 2007 the picture was clear enough for the two time travelers to make out what it showed.

The white haired devil had taken a photo of their hug.

Now, Yuji would have been offended on Megumi's half, that was a private moment, and at the very least he normally would have been embarrassed, but as it was he couldn't quite manage to repress his desire to retaliate.

As Megumi backed away with cheeks flaming, Yuji didn't hesitate to whip out his own, far superior, phone and immediately pull up his blackmail album of pictures kept specifically for moments like this.

"Is that supposed to be us?" he asked, pretending to be indifferent and turning up his nose at the photo still showing on Gojo's phone, "You can hardly tell with that level of quality."

"This," he said with a smirk, holding out his own iPhone XS Max that their version of Gojo had bought all the first and second years just the month before, "is the quality of the future."

On the screen was a photo of 28 year old Gojo Saturo dressed up in Kugisaki's uniform, posing mock provocatively against the door frame of their classroom and making pouty faces, makeup and all.