𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾 ⋯ ♡ᵎ

"Happy early birthday Snow!"

Amaya took quick pics of her pet before placing a small cake for the bunny. The white furred animal only glanced at her before slowly dipping its head towards the dessert and taking a lick.

She was already ready to be picked up by her date, but she decided to give her bunny a small birthday party before leaving. It was December 24, Christmas Eve at exactly 7:30 pm. Amaya was
waiting for a call from Kuroo to tell her that he was outside in the car for her.

Once snow was done with his cake, she took the silverware away into the sink before putting him into his playroom for the night. "I'll see you tomorrow!" Amaya said as her phone rang, seeing the contact name and answering the call.

"Hello!" she spoke first, hearing the man on the other side laugh. "I'm here Amaya!"

———

She walked in hand in hand with Kuroo and for some reason, she looked around the room almost expecting to see someone she knew there. As his friends went up to greet the two of them, she couldn't help but recognize each and every one.

Amaya was introduced as Kuroo's date— which they made fun of him because he was finally able to have a girl by his side, a pretty one. She was able to recognize Kenma and Yaku pretty quickly, as well as Hinata, Kageyama, Bokuto and Akaashi.

Then on the other side of the room was the twins, Suna and Sakusa. Her eyes then lightened up at the sight of him, she was really hoping he would be here. Amaya then made her way to the couch to sit down, feeling a bit out of place than she normally would feel.

Sakusa saw in the corner of his eyes the color of her shoes. They were those red Gucci shoes her sister had bought for her, her pants were long enough to cover the bee but he could recognize that color from anywhere.

He then made his way to her, leaving his friends as they all watched where he was going. Sakusa tapped her shoulder and waited for her to turn around, once she did, a smile never reached on her face quick before.

"I saw you, but you were talking with your friends and I didn't want to interrupt!" Amaya said, turning her body to face him, now feeling a bit more comfortable since he was there with him. "I wouldn't have mind, Yoshioka." he returned the smile.

As they were talking, his friends were now sure that they were secretly dating. The way they looked at each other made it obvious to almost everyone that they liked each other.

"They're dating, do not tell me otherwise." Atsumu said confidently as Bokuto shrugged his shoulders. "They look like friends to me, plus she came with Kuroo." Bokuto pointed over to his friend. "Okay? She came with him, but she probably likes Sakusa."

"Okay..? That's like cheating on your date! They're just friends!"

"Bo, you're only saying that because its Kuroo."

"Obviously!"

Kuroo glanced over to her, seeing how freely she was talking to Sakusa and how he listened. It made him realize how he didn't give her a chance to speak whenever they were together, he was always the one talking.

"Oh I actually got you something! It's back at home though." Amaya said as his eyes slowly widened. "You did? Now I have to be kind and buy you something." Sakusa mumbled while she rolled her eyes and laughed. "Kidding, I bought you something as well." he said.

"Can I open mines first?" she gave the cheesiest smile, making his heart beat faster than it already was. "No, i'm actually curious as to what you got me." Sakusa said, tilting his head while she scoffed. "Of course you are, but so am I!"

"We can open it at the same time!" Amaya suggested, but Sakusa shook his head, even though he was going to let her do what she'd like. "Why aren't you agreeing with me? I thought we were like cool friends?" she glared at him.

That word. "Friends" He never really thought of their relationship as friends, but once she said it, reality hit him. "I would be a bad friend to agree with you." Sakusa said back as she laughed, hiding the fact that she too, hated that word for them.

"I kinda just want to go home..if i'm being honest." Amaya said as she looked around, noticing how everyone had at least one person to talk to. She knew she could've just went up and talked to new people, but it felt so awkward for her. Being around new people when your friends are somewhere else made it difficult for her to even speak.

"I'll drop you off back home if you aren't feeling well." Sakusa offered. "No it's fine, i'll just walk." Amaya said, completely forgetting she was in the coldest season of the year, making Sakusa laugh. "Are you sure? It's really cold..like really cold, Yoshi."

"Okay..maybe, only because you have seat warmers." Amaya shook her head as she chuckled, she stood up and made her way to Kuroo. She felt bad that he invited her there yet she was already leaving so quick. Kuroo offered to drive her back home, but she had already said that Sakusa was taking her.

Maybe she was just too ready to leave that she didn't notice the smile on Kuroo's face fall. Even if she did notice, Amaya didn't mean to intentionally hurt him, but he had already figured by just the way she was talking to Sakusa, that he was basically just another choice.

———

They made it back to her apartment, Amaya was by the window watching the dark sky while Sakusa was on her couch with Snow. He glanced at her, wondering what was making her so interested on what was going on outside.

Hours had passed by and was soon close to 12, just a few more minutes until they get to open their gifts for each other. Sakusa was still hesitant on giving it to her, debating whether or not to just pretend like he was joking. While Amaya was over there sitting there nervous, wondering if he would even like the present that she bought for him.

Sakusa then got up from the couch and made his way to her, standing right beside Amaya as she looked up at him and smiled. "Do you feel better?" he asked her. "Yeah, way better." she said looking at him.

Amaya couldn't help the fact that she felt more comfortable with Sakusa than anyone else, despite the small time they've known each other. She more at ease once she was with him and it slowly made her realize why. Amaya let out a nervous chuckle, putting her hand on her face as Sakusa glanced at her.

Now Amaya knew why she was so eager to see him every morning, every time she came home from work or even at a random place during the day. How she waited for him to message her back, how her heart would flutter if he was the one to talk to her first or how he would match her energy. The gestures were small, but she would appreciate them.

Amaya finally knew that she likes Sakusa.

"Merry Christmas."

-̅-̅-̅-̅-̅-̅-̅-̅-̅-̅-̅-̅-̅-̅-̅-̅-̅-̅-̅-̅-̅-̅-̅-̅