Angry

After that rather uncomfortable dinner with Stephen, Wong, and shitface, I retreated to the bedroom upstairs.

The bedroom Stephen had given me the first time before Hydra and Steve raided the place.

Carrying a full wine bottle upstairs with me, I set it down as I began to kick off my jeans and got comfortable for bed.

Grabbing the bottle, I brought the tip to
my lips as the red warm liquid washed through me.

As if that sneaky bastard could read my mind, a pair of cotton shorts and matching tank top appeared on the bed.

"Thank you, Stephen!"

Changing into the new clothes, I felt a small spell of dizziness start to hit me. Shaking it off, I walked into the connecting bathroom and washed my face.

When I came back out of the bathroom, I froze. Steve was sitting on the bed, his blue eyes glued to me, but I couldn't read his face.

My heart began to beat 100 miles a minute, not fully trusting him.

"Can we talk?"

"Can you eat shit?"

He rolled his eyes as he got up from the bed and began to pace the room. I walked towards the nightstand, grabbing the bottle and taking another generous chug.

"Look, I am going to say something because it is eating me up inside..."

Before he could say anything else, I cut him off.

"Eating you up?! Ha! Eating you up?! Yes, please Steve, tell me how this is affecting you! Tell me! I can't sleep, I go days without eating, I can't fucking trust anyone, I have nightmares EVERY FUCKING NIGHT! But please, TELL ME, how you're struggling with what's Eating you inside!"

Steve closed the space between us quickly until he was only a few inches away, looming over me.

"Stop it! I know you're hurting! You think I'm not capable of understanding that! I know what that...that...that fucking Monster did to you! Over and over again! And I did nothing to stop it! I want to apologize to you but I know my apologies don't mean jack shit to you when all you see is the Monster! All the things he did, are killing me inside! And not just you Ava, everyone! Kids, Women, my own fucking friends! And I can't save him, I can't save Bucky!"

Something in him snapped, I saw his blue eyes start to water as he shook his head and looked away. I wanted to keep yelling, I wanted to keep screaming at him till my face went red and just popped.

But how could I?

How could I stay mad at him?

Someone who had absolutely no control of what was going on.

This wasn't happening.

I wasn't really going to fucking forgive him.

Not after everything I went through.

Grinding my teeth, I reached for the wine bottle again and took a longer sip.

Wiping the corner of my mouth with my hand, I set the bottle down and took a deep breath.

"I can't blame you for things that were outside of your control."

Steve looked over at me, licking his lips, he slowly walked back over to me. I saw him lift his hand slowly, almost like he wanted to hold my hand, but he hesitated and pulled his hand back.

"If you want someone there, I can go with you to terminate your pregnancy."

I took in a sharp breath, my legs wobbled underneath me, my whole body failing me at once.

Steve reacted quickly and caught me, all in time for me to vomit all over him.

After my stomach contents emptied all over myself and Steve, I was absolutely mortified.

But I felt better.

My eyes got very heavy as Steve scooped me up and walked me towards the bathroom.

Laying me down in an empty claw foot tub, he made sure I was sitting up.

"I'll be right back."

He disappeared out of the bathroom, a few minutes went by and Steve returned with two sets of clothing.

"I don't know how I am going to do this, but just trust me please."

I mumbled some incoherent words, Steve's hands sliding under my shirt, pulling it over my head, then pulling my shorts down.

Before I could say anything, he stripped down in front of me too.

He pulled me into his arms as he turned on the hot water and flipped it to the shower head.

Hot water cascading over us, Steve grabbed the loofah and poured some body wash into it. He began to scrub my body, moving his hand above my chest, over my stomach, and around my neck.

I looked up at him with sleepy eyes, trying not to watch those devil hands, or how he was completely naked.

Something about all this was different, other Steve was so rough and rigid to the touch, this Steve was much softer and kinder.

After Steve finished washing me. He quickly washed himself, rinsing all the soap off our bodies.

Once he turned the water off, he carefully carried me out of the tub, grabbing a towel and laying me down on the bed.

He began to dry me off, patting me gently.

He then wrapped the same towel around his waist. Grabbing the extra clothes, he slipped on the shorts, one leg at a time. Then sitting me up, he slipped on the shirt. Once he let me go, I fell back against the bed.

I could hear Steve shuffling around, pulling some shorts on and turning off the lights.

I feel the weight in the mattress shift as Steve layed down right next to me, I then felt him pull me back into his arms. My head lying on his chest as he held me.

"What are you doing?" I mumbled under my breath.

"I'm sorry if this makes you uncomfortable, but I don't want you to choke on your vomit while you sleep."

He placed his forearm over my chest and wrapped his other arm around my waist, cradling me almost like a child.

I'd by lying if I said this was uncomfortable.

"Steve..."

"Yes Ava."

"Thank you," I turned my face to look up at him, the street lights creating shadows on his face. But I saw the small grin playing on his face. Next thing I knew, I was leaning further into him until my lips touched his. He didn't kiss me back right away, but when he did, it was so soft and gentle. Like nothing I had ever experienced before.

Steve pulled back slowly and kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight Ava."

What the hell are we doing right now

Hello Babies ♥️ Sorry it took me awhile to post

Hello Babies ♥️ Sorry it took me awhile to post. I hope you really enjoyed this chapter. Tell me what you think, what you feel. The next chapter is going to knock you off your feet, so be warned! Please remember to comment and vote ♥️