0.1

Jasmine Davis was no stranger to terrible childhoods. In fact she was an expert at picking out who was a terrible parent and who was a good one. The reason being that her mother was in and out of rehab her whole life for drugs and her step-father Jason was an abusive prick, she didn't know her birth father so she never thought of him much.

Growing up she depended on her Uncle Joe for help. Depending on if her mother was to high to even walk, or her step-father came home from the bar drunk as a skunk after getting in a fight, or if there was zero food in her pantry to eat and she had been starving for two days straight. Uncle Joes door was always open.

It was helpful that he was declared the godfather of the girl, she always made her way back onto his door with her teddy bear clutched in her hands with tear stained cheeks that were dried to her face from the wind. When Jasmine was fourteen, an anonymous call was made to DCS and her mother was sent to rehab for the sixth time since Jasmine was two and her step father was put in prison for assault.

Jasmine knew it was Joe who called but she never mentioned it and he never told her.

"—mine! Jasmine!"

The loud voice of her Uncle sounded on the ground underneath her. She moved her feet and peered down at the concrete pathway under her to where Joe was looking up at her.

"what?" She called back down at him. He rose an eyebrow and gestured with his hands to where she was sat "what are you doing on the roof?"

"Looking at the stars." Jasmine replied nonchalantly shrugging her shoulders as she looked back up at the sky. She heard him chuckle and enter the door, before he fully went in he yelled 'please don't fall.'

The girl laughed to herself before swinging her feet over to her side and into her bedroom window. When her feet planted on the carpet in her room she made her way down the stairs where she found her Uncle unpacking the to-go back from Blue Farm Café, the restaurant he owned.

"two turkey clubs, a side of Ceasar salad for you and fries for me." He named out the contents in the bag as he pushed over her food towards her. She leaned over and grabbed the food thanking him as she did so.

This was a regular occurrence for them both. Joe owns the restaurant so he's there a lot of the day, and he doesn't expect Jasmine to cook daily so when she's not feeling up to it or he's working late he'll call and ask what she wants.

"how was work?" asked Jasmine who was now seated on a chair at the island that was in their kitchen. He sighed and sat down next to her "busy like always, you ready for school tomorrow?"

Jasmine let out an unamused snort "mentally or physically?" Joe smiled to himself, he should have known something along those lines were going to come out of her mouth "both"

"I'm good supplies wise, not sure on my mental state though" she mumbled shoving her turkey sandwich in her mouth. He leaned over placed a kiss on the top of her head "I'm sure everything will be fine."

❥๑━━━━━━━━━━━━━━๑❥

          school was something that Jasmine couldn't decide if she hated or not. there were things that she couldn't stand about school—one of them being physical education class. physical activity was one of her weak qualities whilst using her brain was more of a better quality so all the other subjects made up for it.

math was something Jasmine loved. practice problems, tricky assignments and everything that requires stimulation of the brain. having calculus first period on the morning was something that got Jasmine in a good mood.