Chapter 54: Ghost School (8)

ابدأ من البداية

His thanks seemed to put the teenager in a good mood. Even his steps as he left had a slight spring in it.

Su Ling stared at the back of the boy for a long time. He raised his hand to cover his suddenly blushing face and his slightly raised lips. Those beautiful eyes of his were bright and the feelings that he held inside could no longer be contained.

…………

Until the end of school, Cheng Zhi Chu didn’t see Su Ling take any pictures. He watched him carry his bag out of the classroom and hesitated. He then decided to quietly follow him.

Su Ling’s home was located in a very old residential area. His family circumstances weren’t very good. His father was bedridden and his mother worked day in and day out to maintain the family’s livelihood.

Cheng Zhi Chu watched Su Ling return home and expertly take care of his father in bed. He did the housework, made dinner, set up a small table and brought it over to serve his father.

“Good child………”

The father sighed and touched SuLing’s head. His eyes were both complex and filled with guilt.

“It’s all because of me dragging you and your mother down. If she didn’t follow me, she could have lived a good life. You too, if not because of me……..”

“Dad.” Su Ling stopped him as he added more rice to his bowl. He said calmly, “Mum has never regretted choosing you. She doesn’t regret leaving that place.” He paused for a moment, “And I am always proud to have you as my father.”

“Good, good……..”

The father’s hand that was holding onto the chopsticks trembled. He bowed his head slightly and didn’t want his son to notice his red eyes. He shoved the remaining rice into his mouth and said in a hoarse voice: “After you finish eating, feed the rest to the cat. It has recently given birth to kittens and it’s not convenient for it to find food.”

Su Ling nodded. He accompanied hisfather to finish his meal and took the leftovers out to a nearby alley.

The alley was dilapidated and narrow and there were piles of rubbish on both sides. He gently tapped a wooden box and a female cat along with a few fluffy kittens poked their heads out. Seeing that it was him, they intimately walked over while mewing and they played with his pant leg, begging to be held.

Su Ling placed the rice onto the ground and sat on the steps. He watched them eat the rice with a soft gaze anda gentle smile on his lips.

It seemed that he would only let down his guard when he is around his family or small animals.

Cheng Zhi Chu took this in and his mood was extremely complicated. He felt both regret and heartache for Su Ling but more of him himself was feeling resentment towards Ou Yang and the others. He didn’t understand why they would be able to do such a thing to such a pure and gentle teenager.

What kind of hatred does this world's “Bai Yi” have towards Su Ling?

Why would he make Ou Yang and the others bully him?

While he was both angry and confused, he suddenly heard footsteps coming from one end of the alley.

Upon hearing the footsteps, Su Ling’s expression suddenly changed. He hurriedly hid the kittens inside thewooden box and then ran over to the other end of the alley. However, before he was able to take more than a couple of steps, he stopped. Standing at the exit was Zhao Xiao Pang waiting for him to fall into his trap.

“Where are you going?”

The owners of footsteps from the other end revealed themselves. With Bai Yi at the front, he looked coldly at the trapped Su Ling. His handsome face was cold and behind him Ou Yang was sneering maliciously.