The Weight Of Secrets (Part 1)

Beatrix allowed herself to take Stella's hand and entwine their fingers, while they were walking towards the suite Stella shared with the other Winx. A small victorious smile grazed her lips as Stella let it happen and didn't pull away.

However, that smile fell as they both heard steps approach and Stella quickly dropped her hand and put a respectable space between them. For a split second, a hurt expression crossed her face before someone turned the corner and Beatrix quickly forced that feeling from her face.

Once the person had passed them and Stella had made sure that no one was around, she went to grab Beatrix' hand again but the redhead quickly pulled her hand away and pretended to scratch her neck before she put her hands in her pockets and they continued their way towards the suite. From the corner of her eyes she saw the confused and hurt look Stella threw her way but she chose to ignore it. When they reached the suite, Beatrix quickly followed Stella into the suite.

"Are you okay?" The blonde asked. Her voice was laced with concern. Beatrix rolled her eyes. "Of course I am, why wouldn't I be? Everything's just peachy." She replied, her voice dripping with sarcasm. Stella shot her a confused look.

"Are you sure? Because it doesn't seem like it." She pushed. "Oh really? How could that be, Stella?" Beatrix said. The frown on Stella's forehead intensified. "I don't know, you tell me?" Stella replied. "Are you kidding me?" Beatrix said exasperated. Stella shook her head and stepped forward to put her hands on Beatrix' arms but the younger girl took a step back. Hurt settled on Stella's face and Beatrix almost felt bad. Almost.

"Seriously, what's wrong, Bea?" Stella said softly. "You dropped my fucking hand, Stella! That's what's fucking wrong!" Beatrix finally snapped. She watched as realization seemed to dawn on her. "Yeah, but there was someone coming. You noticed that, right?" Stella said. Beatrix snorted. "Yeah of course I fucking noticed that, how could I not? Excuse me for forgetting that it was such a fucking shame for you to be seen with me." Beatrix said bitterly. "What do you mean?" Stella asked.

"God Stella, it's not just this time. You always drop my hand when someone approaches, you always look three times around before coming in my room or inviting me into your suite, making sure no one sees us, you can't even sit next to me at lunch when the other girls are not around and in fact we haven't ever been on a date or something just because you don't want someone to see us together." Beatrix said in resignation.

"But we agreed to keep it a secret?" Stella said. That, once again fueled Beatrix' anger. "Yeah, Stella. We agreed to keep it a secret. Almost half a year ago!" Beatrix said. "I don't get what the problem is?" Stella said. "You're kidding right?" Beatrix gasped. Stella stayed silent. Deep down she knew what the problem was. Of course she did, but she tried to save what could be saved. "Oh my god Stella, we've been together for months! Months! And you still can't bear to be seen with me. I'm sorry that I'm such a shame to you, that even after almost half a year of dating I still have to be your dirty little secret!" Beatrix yelled.

"You're not my dirty little secret!" Stella protested loudly. "Oh yeah? What am I then?" Beatrix snapped. "You're my girlfriend." Stella snapped back. "Am I really? Cause it sure as hell doesn't feel like it!" Beatrix answered. "What are you saying? Of course you are my girlfriend. But you know my mother. You know I'm..." Stella began but Beatrix interrupted her. "Yeah I know you're the fucking princess, Stella. You seem to always find a way to remind me of that! That's your go-to excuse and I've had enough of it." She said angrily. "That's not an excuse!" Stella growled angrily.

"Yes it is. And you know it Stella. It is an excuse for the real reason: You're just scared. And in the beginning I got it. Really Stella I did. And I actually kind of liked it. To have this just for us for a little while. And I got that you were scared of what your mother would say. But I can't do it anymore. I can't be your secret anymore. I just can't." Beatrix said. Her voice sounded tired and that's when the panic kicked in for Stella.