Let me be there for you

TW: Blood

Stella stood in front of her mirror, desperately clawing at the gem embedded in her back. Her lips were tightly pressed together, occasionally letting a pained groan slip out, when she couldn't hold it in anymore. Silent tears were slipping down her cheeks and her fingers were covered in her blood. As was her dress.

That's how Beatrix found her a little while later. She had been sitting outside for a while, not feeling like being part of the festivities. But she had gotten bored alone and had gone inside in search for Stella. After having been told that Stella had gone back to her room she had made her way there.

At the pained groan, she heard when she reached Stella's door, her heart rate spiked in panic. Without any more second of hesitation she opened the door and felt her heart break at the sight in front of her.

"Oh Stella..." She whispered but the light fairy still heard her. She looked at Beatrix for a split second before she turned her head away again. Ashamed of being seen so weak.

"You should go Beatrix." She said between gritted teeth. "No, Stella I..." She started.

"Go Beatrix!" Stella said, louder this time. Without paying her any more thoughts, Stella began pulling at the gem again. This time with more force. Blood began dripping down her back once more and a little whimper escaped her lips. Beatrix felt her heart break even more at that sound.
Quickly she stepped into the room, closed the door behind her and made her way across the room.

"Stella stop!" She said and placed her hand on Stella's lower back. The blonde visibly winced at the coldness of Beatrix' hand but she didn't stop.

"No!" She forced out. The pain only became stronger and more tears fell down her cheeks. Blood ran over Beatrix' hand but she didn't care.

"Stella you gotta stop, you're hurting yourself. Don't do this." Beatrix said, her voice wavering with emotion. She had never seen the blonde like this and it was starting to scare her.

"I can't... It needs... To come out!" Stella pants her face grimacing in pain. "Stella please! Stop it! You're scaring me!" Beatrix said loudly. Tears welled up in her eyes. She placed her hand, that was now covered in Stella's blood, on the blondes hand and gently pried her fingers away from the gem. Stella let it happen. She knew she couldn't get it out. They looked at each other for e few seconds in the mirror, still holding hands. Then "Fuck!" Stella screamed slamming her fist on the table. Beatrix winced.

"I can't... My mother... Why?... I can't... The girls... Bea..." Stella whimpered helplessly. Beatrix closed the space between them and pulled Stella's back to her front, slinging her arms across her chest and resting her head on Stella's shoulder.

"Shhhh, I know. I know. I'm here. You're gonna be fine. I'm here, you can let it out." She whispered in her ear. And with that Stella couldn't hold it anymore. Deep sobs racked through her body and she slumped back against Beatrix. The back of her head came to rest on her shoulder as Beatrix slowly swayed them from side to side, murmuring in her ear that she was not alone, trying to calm Stella down. Tears welled up in her own eyes, at seeing Stella in this state. Still she let her cry it all out.

A while later the sobs had stopped but Stella was still slumped against Beatrix, fully trusting her to hold her weight up. "Are you feeling better?" Beatrix asked in a whisper, her nose brushing the shell of Stella's ear. The blonde only nodded. She wasn't capable of more at the moment. Beatrix was aware that Stella was  completely letting her guard down and relying on her in this moment, trusting her to take care of her.

"Let's get you cleaned up then, shall we?" Another nod. Beatrix stopped swaying them from side to side and slowly walked them towards the bathroom. "Is it okay if I take your dress of?" Beatrix asked. Stella nodded again.