Chapter 9: Unexpected Surprises

We sat in the middle of the ring after we "lost". I was so pissed off that I was just about ready to risk another suspension but we gathered ourselves and went to Mr.Regal's office.

"Are you serious? Tegan wasn't even legal so why did the match end?" I asked.

"Why did the ref stop the match? Trinity tagged herself in." Tegan added.

"That wasn't even the ref of our match. Aja Smith was our ref so where did he even come from? Are we getting a rematch?" I asked.

"I know your upset, I'm upset as well but the referee's decision is finally and I can't grant you another match." Mr. Regal answered us.

"Okay so we win the tournament, get cheated in our match, and we just get nothing? This is such bull- you know what fine. Let's go Tegs." I had to stop myself and we left the arena. Next week got here and we were still pissed off about the ending of our match but at the start of the match Mr.Regal was in the ring and he started addressing the tag team title match and asked myself and Tegan to come to the ring. We went down and our usually energetic entrance was gone, we just walked down and got in the ring.

"Thank you for joining me, so I know you two are still upset about last week. I spent the last week trying to get you two another chance but they didn't want to give one. However, I do have something for you two." He unveiled two brand new titles, I looked at Tegan and our faces just changed to excitement. "For winning the Dusty Rhodes Classic you two are now the first ever NXT Women's tag team champions." We each grabbed a title and hugged each other. I couldn't believe I was really a champion and to be a champion of a brand new title. I wrapped my title around my waist and Tegan put hers over her shoulder and we couldn't stop smiling.

"I'm glad you two are happy for this and you two truly deserve it. However, it's much easier to get top of the mountain then it is to stay there. In tonight's main event you two will be putting the titles on the line against the runner ups Dakota Kai and Raquel Gonzales." He said that and my smile for some reason got a little bigger and grabbed a mic.

"You know that's cool, I mean we already beat them once so it's nothing to do it again." I said and handed the mic to Tegan.

"This is the start of a long title run, this title defense is gonna be just like all the ones to follow, with our hands held high and titles staying with us." She dropped the mic and we celebrated all the way up the ramp. Some of the people backstage begin to congratulate us and we walked passed Dakota and Raquel and it was no words said. A simple look told the whole story. It was finally main event time and we were ready for this match. We got the luxury of coming out second and the crowd was on fire for this match. It was a hard hitting match and on numerous occasions our title reign almost ended but we stayed in the match. We finally got a opening and got Raquel in a 2 on 1 situation and we hit her with dim the lights and I covered her to retain our titles. We celebrated our first title defense and it feels real at this point, we're really champions and it's gonna stay this way as long as we want.

4 months later

Another title match and another defense for us this time against Kayden and Katana. We've beaten Ember and Shotzi, The Way, Mercedes Martinez and Toni Storm, even beat the Riott squad who came back to NXT for one night. Well after our 3rd month as champions at the end of every match a logo just appeared on the titantron. It never failed rather we had a tag team match or a singles match. Well tonight before we could start celebrating our win the logo appeared again and Micheal Bivens walked to the top of the ramp.

"Congratulations, you two are on fire, unfortunately that fire is about to get put out." He said and I grabbed a mic to respond.

"Bro this is the third time you claimed some tag team is gonna beat us and time and time again they failed. See we already basically put Robert Stone out of business and at this rate your next." I said back to him.