𝙇𝙀𝙉𝙄

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥leni (crystal castles vs goodbooks)
            chapter 14

╭── ⋅ ⋅─ ♬─ ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧
𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮
𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧
𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ─♬─ ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

"i'm really glad you changed your mind about finding everything out." scaramouche said barely above a whisper.

i was laying in his arms, not saying anything. partly because of the headache i had but also out of confusion. what does he mean by everything?

what do these dreams actually mean?
of course i told scaramouche i didn't want to know the meaning of these so called dreams but i only said that so he wouldn't be mad at me anymore.
the fact that he's acting so relieved now makes me worry.
what's the true secret he's hiding? and why is he so scared i'll find out?
maybe i should be more cautious of him.

feeling a little overwhelmed by my thoughts i get up and put on my shoes, "i'll go out for a bit, you can rest. you look tired."

"you'll come back, right?"

"of course." and with that i leave the room to go outside.

it was a sunny day, like always, liyue is beautiful. although its really crowded most of the time, especially at sunny days like this one.

a bunch of markets were promoting their goods and shouting around. kids were playing around and some girls performed a traditional dance.

normally, i didn't pay attention to the people around me but one particular face had caught my attention.

maybe it were his amber eyes or the formal clothes he was wearing.
or maybe the fact he was staring right into my soul.

it could have been a coincidence and i was just imagining things but i grew curious as to why this particular man was staring at me.

perhaps it was my breathtaking beauty.

normally, i would have ignored him but his features really astonished me. why were there so many handsome men in liyue? first this black head xiao dude and now him? i l-o-v-e liyue.

i was pulled out of my thoughts by none other than the mysterious man himself, he was a lot taller than me and having him so close to me made me a little nervous; in a good way of course.

"hi?" i said and waited for a response.

"hello, do you by any chance have any mora on you?"

"yeah..why?" i expected anything except for this question. why would he ask me that, why didn't he choose anyone else???

the only right answer is; he's in love with me.

who wouldn't fall in love with me, right?

"for food." the man said in a gentle tone and already walked up to a restaurant and ordered a drink.

who does he think he is??? why is he already ordering??? he didn't even ask me if i could buy it for him.
should i just walk away?
yea i should.

i slowly retreat from the unknown man and walk away. unfortunately, i bump into someone's back and they didn't seem pleased with it at all. instead of letting me go the old lady starts angrily telling me how i should pay attention and that shs could have died which seems a little exaggerated in my opinion.

"may i help you?" the mysterious man from before interrupted the angry woman. damn it, now i'm stuck with him again.

"i feel attacked. it's this little brat who pays no attention." the woman explains.
i roll my eyes at her exaggeration, obviously i wasn't attacking her. i simply bumped into her on accident.

"you seem fine to me, lady. i'll take care of this so called brat, worry not." the man says as he puts a hand on my shoulder.

"why thank you, good gentleman. i wish we had more people like you. horrible what our society has become, youngsters attacking the elderly like me. i'll take my leave now, goodbye." the old woman says and leaves.

i scoff at the scenario she had caused and turn to the man. "thanks."

"no need to thank me, why don't we sit down for a little chat?" the man asked as he let go of my shoulder.

i thought about it for a second and agreed to his offer, it wouldn't hurt to do so. i don't have anything else to do anyways.

"by the way, my name is [name], what's yours?" i start a conversation after we took a seat outside of a nearby restaurant.

"ah so i was right, well my name is zhongli." the man smiled.

i raised an eyebrow at his little remark, "what were you right about?"

"i don't think i should be the person to tell you."

i decide not to question it any further, what's up with these men and all their secrets anyways.

"so what brings you here to liyue?" zhongli asks me.

"i'm here with a friend."

"not a love interest?"

i side eye him upon hearing his strange question. this was getting creepy. "no, not a love interest. i'm currently not in a relationship."

"is that so? then what is that friend's name?"

"zhongli, you ask a lot of questions. why is it that you care about my personal life so much?" i turn to face him and he does the same.

"it seems i'm just a curious man. do you want a drink?" he holds out a bottle of wine to me and i nod.

"it's osmanthus wine, have you ever tried it?" zhongli asks me as he pours some into my cup.

"no i have never even heard of it." i reply and ovserve his every move.

zhongli takes a sip of his drink and leans back into his chair.

"osmanthus wine tastes the same as i remember, but where are those who share the memory?" zhongli speaks as he looks out into the distance.

"have you lost anyone in the past?" i blurt out without thinking, this was so stupid to ask of me. that's way too personal.

"i guess you could say so. but what's in the past remains in the past, isn't that so? have you lost anyone in the past?" zhongli shifts his gaze back to me and i fall back into my own thoughts.

have i lost anyone in the past?

"i can't remember if i lost anyone, i don't think i did. but i can't help but feel like i forgot something really important."

"i'm sure you'll find out what the thing is you forgot about." zhongli said and i smiled.

"you're right, i'll find out sooner or later."

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

1111 words 🤭
it's 4 am and i can feel my brain cells dying one by one. well, at least i'm done with this chapter🤘#staypositive am i right