𝙉𝙊 𝙎𝙐𝙍𝙋𝙍𝙄𝙎𝙀𝙎

𝙉𝙊 𝙎𝙐𝙍𝙋𝙍𝙄𝙎𝙀𝙎
chapter 3

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ♬ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
   𝗪𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗻𝗼 𝗮𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗺𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗻𝗼 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀
𝗡𝗼 𝗮𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗺𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗻𝗼 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀
𝗡𝗼 𝗮𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗺𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗻𝗼 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀, 𝗽𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ♬ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

"can you wake up now?"

a familiar voice said and i could feel a hand patting the top of my head. i felt a certain warmth i couldn't describe in words, but somehow this warmth felt so comforting. not to mention the soothing voice that mumbled a bunch of words i couldn't understand.

i slowly opened my eyes to find out who brought so much comfort to me by such a simple act. as i open my eyes i realise i wasn't where i expected to be. i wasn't in the hands of yae miko and i couldn't see the traveller or paimon anywhere.

i came to the conclusion that i got kidnapped, that was the last thing i was worried about tho. my biggest problem was that i lost the traveller. she was the only reason why i even went back to teyvat. aether wanted me to keep her safe but how am i supposed to do that now if i don't even know where she is. now i'm even more scared of aether who'll kill me if he finds out about this.

i sit up in an instant and check the place i'm in only to find out the person next to me was the balladeer himself. getting into my fighting position scaramouche sighs. "it's no use fighting me."

"what do you mean, balladeer." i ask alerted.

he gives me a bored look and rolls his eyes, "there's nothing in it for you, i don't have anything that could be of use to you."

scaramouche wears an exhausted expression, his hat was laying next to him and his arms were on his sides. sitting on the floor like this, he looked like a normal person; not like a fatui harbinger.

he was a complete different person from the first time i saw him in the factory. i slowly got out of my fighting position and examined him more. a few seconds later, i decided to sit down again with a little distance between me and scaramouche.

we were in a cave, it was heavily raining outside. the only thing keeping the both of us warm was the fire pit in front of us.

minutes after examining my surroundings, Scaramouche fell asleep. it was the perfect opportunity for me to run away. or i could attack him in this vulnerable state.

but i'm not like this, i don't like the idea of leaving him alone in this moment.
sure, he is a harbinger but right now it doesn't feel like he is. he is normal, he isn't trying to be intimidating or anything.

but it isn't that feeling which urges me to stay here, it's more of a feeling of familiarity.
stupid, right? yeah. it's just that i can't help it. this doesn't feel like i'm with aether. this feels a lot more different.

i find myself curious. who really is scaramouche?

to be honest, i would love to slap myself because of my stupid curiosity. this is a fatui harbinger i'm talking about. and a dangerous one too. i'm so stupid i should get out of here now.

then again, scaramouche looks so peaceful in this state. it wouldn't hurt to stay here a little longer?

i decided to get closer to him in order to get a better look at his resting face. his skin is clear and looks smooth. he had a side profile carved by angels themselves. it was unbelievable how a beautiful man like this could ever be one of the most dangerous fatui harbingers.

his indigo hair fell in front of his eyes and as i reached out to remove the hair out of his face, scaramouche jolted awake and grabbed my hand.
"what are you doing." he mumbled half-asleep.

"i was...just trying to get your hair out of your face" i stutter out of embarrassment. how could i let myself get carried away like that. this isn't like me at all.

i slightly cringe at my behaviour and hope the man in front of me will forget about this incident.
to my surprise, scaramouche closed his eyes again and carried on sleeping. he mumbled something inaudible again and i only gave a confused expression not wanting to talk with him anymore.

not even a second later the balladeer opened his eyes again and sat up. "you didn't answer my question." he stated and looked me straight into the eyes.

"i didn't understand what you said." i replied. was it something important? why was he so serious about it?

scaramouche only scoffed and closed his eyes again.
"i assume it wasn't important." i muttered and decided to close my eyes as well.

slowly falling asleep, i hear scaramouche mumbling again.

was he sleep-talking or something?
since i was curious and wanted to know what he was saying i listened to him and what he said left me in a confused state.

"i asked if you still remember me, dumbass"

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

how do we feel about this chapter

leave a vote 😍😍at this point i'm begging you

this is my favourite song btw😲