On Your Deathbed.

Right now, while you sit there with music blasting into your ears, singing along, there is someone out there, uttering the same words on their deathbed.

I'm not here to rant about whether or not music is Haraam. I'm not here to start an argument with you about music and Islam. I'm not about to start issuing fatwa's. No. I'm just here to make you stop and think.

Think.

Think what you want your last words to be. The last words you utter before your soul leaves your body for the last time. I'm sure every single one of you want it to be Ash hadu an la ilaha ill Allah wa ash hadu anna Muhammadar Rasul Allah. But how confident are you that you'll be able to pour out Shahada whilst experiencing death pangs? Whilst watching your whole life flashing in front of your eyes?

During the last moments of our lives, our tongues will only speak that of which we made it accustomed to. What efforts have you made to train your soul for that moment?

Dear readers, it isn't easy. There are real life incidences where people ended their lives with a swear word or the lyrics of a song.

We will die the way we lived.

Think!

Does that not scare you? Do those seven words not scare you one little bit?

Ask yourself these two basic questions, you'll find it easier to answer one question over the other.
1)"When was the last time, I subconsciously recited a verse from the Qur'an? "
2)"When was the last time, I subconsciously hummed the lyrics to a song?"

Death is the only experience which cannot be shared. And so, for our better understanding and preparedness, there are various hadiths which give us a glimpse about what a person goes through when he meets the Angel of death; and the soul is extracted from the body. No living person can ever...ever come close to comprehend the intensity of that moment, unless he faces the same. Believe it or not! He Sees, Hears and Feels that which everyone around him is unaware of.

"Indeed, the death from which you flee - indeed, it will meet you. Then you will be returned to the Knower of the unseen and the witnessed, and He will inform you about what you used to do." (62:8)