025. he's a basehead

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗚𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗣 𝗣𝗨𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗗 𝗨𝗣 to the pawn shop after an interesting hour of melting down the gold from the Royal Merchant. Kie had the brilliant idea to melt it down with a blow torch, unfortunately when it hardened back up it became a huge clump of gold.

"Hell of a job melting it down, Dr Frankenstein." JJ said as he held the lump of gold in his hand.

"Like you could've done any better." Kie shrugged dismissively. She thought it was a good idea at the time, and to be fair It was probably the best idea they had at the time.

"I could have done much better." JJ bragged. "I took a welding class."

"You did welding?" Mackenzie asked, she didn't even recall welding being an option at there high school.

"When?" Kie questioned pursing her lips. She could tell that JJ was lying. She took a step closer to JJ, puffing her chest.

"Whoa, whoa. Chill out okay?" John B said breaking the pair apart.

"Easy for you to say. You're not the one that has to pawn this piece of shit off." JJ held up the gold. "How did I get this job anyway?"

"You're clearly the best one for it," Mackenzie said beaming up at the boy, "Pretty blue eyes and a cute smile to win them over."

"Cause you're the best liar." Pope corrected, clicking his fingers and pointing towards the girl.

JJ shot the boy a playful scowl before he headed inside. Mackenzie stayed outside, after much protesting the group convinced her that she wouldn't be the best person to be seen with at a pawn shop. Although she wouldn't admit it, she knew that as a Jones it would raise red flags.

After a couple painful minutes went by, JJ came outside and explained some story about the woman needing them to go to a 'warehouse' because she didn't have enough money at the shop. Everyone could agree that it was sketchy, but so was the whole situation with the gold itself.

"So they keep money out here?" Pope questioned curiously as they drove past the worst parts of the Cut.

"That's what she said." JJ mumbled, his hands resting on Mackenzie's upper thighs as she sat on his lap playing with his rings."That's what she said."

"Stop." Pope said immediately shutting down the boy.

"I've never even heard of Resurrection Drive." Sarah said turning around from her seat in shotgun.

"I've never even seen places like this before," Mackenzie added as she looked outside the window in awe, "people really survive like this?"

"Cause you're rich." JJ muttered, unaware that the girl had heard his comment and felt embarrassed.

"You've never heard of it either." Kie muttered, shaking her head at JJ.

"Thank you." Sarah smiled."

"There's nothing but weeds back here." Kie pointed out as they were drive past a bunch of trees.

"Alright, just cause it's just weeds doesn't mean it's like,-" JJ got cut off by a cop car's sirens going off.

"Cops, JB slow down." Mackenzie instructed.

"Cops out here?" Kie questioned turning and watching the car follow them.

"God are you kidding me man?" JJ snapped angrily.

"What did we do?" Sarah questioned.

"Nothing," Mackenzie said frantically, "Just someone hide the gold and act natural."

"I hate cops." JJ muttered, as he panicked and put everything in his bag.

"Did you bring the gun?" John B questioned JJ.