Chapter 15

Greece was a trip that I would never forget. I got to meet a friend of a friend of Mom's and I got to spend a few hours sketching at various locations in Santorini. I learned small little tips that I never would have thought out, but it made doing different techniques so much easier.

I enjoyed having my parents' somewhat undivided attention for two weeks straight. No work, no demanding phone calls or emails, just the four of us for fourteen days straight. I was in heaven so to speak. Maybe Eddie was right, I was a bucket with a hole in it and needed all the love I could get to thrive.

I wasn't surprised that Dimitri had been to Greece, but I loved hearing all of the pieces of history he offered up to me as we were out and about. He told me about the time he and his family hid here from his father when he was still human.

"You hid from your father?" I questioned one night as we lay in bed, the breeze that came off the water making the curtains flutter.

"Yes. He would hit my mother and me. I would try to take the brunt of it for my sisters, but it became too much and we fled," Dimitri explained, "That's the only downside of my father being an Ekon. My parents weren't mated, he was obsessed with my mother. She wasn't his mate. My father was like Tasha, born without a mate. He forced mateship on her and made her immortal against her will. After that, everything went downhill."

I ran my fingers over his chest with knitted brows. "I'm sorry," I whispered sympathetically.

Dimitri nodded and looked down at me. "For most of my life I was scared that I would end up like my father, and when I felt that first tug in my chest, I was terrified. I didn't want to cause harm to another person the way my father did. But the moment I laid eyes on you, I knew that I would spend the rest of my life on this earth doing everything to keep you safe and happy."

"The first tug?"

Dimitri smiled. "It was most likely when your heart started beating for the first time. When an Ekon is alive before their mate, we can't feel them, but the moment their life begins, we know."

I grinned to myself and snuggled against him. "So you literally felt my first heartbeat?"

"Possibly."

"In a strange way, I think that it's very sweet."

Dimitri chuckled and rolled us so we were twisted together. "Thank you?"

_______________________

I stretched out in Dimitri's bed, a satisfied sigh escaping my lips.

"Satisfied yet?" Dimitri asked with a laugh, folding his arms behind his head and grinning at me. I hummed and rolled back on top of him. I pushed up so I was sitting over him, rolling my hips provocatory against his cock. I was still tender from the sex we had just had, but I didn't think I would ever be truly satisfied.

"Never," I purred, leaning down to press my lips against his. Dimitri grinned and twisted his hands into my hair, his tongue slipping into my mouth. I hummed and shifted my hips, sliding back over his cock. Dimitri moaned into my mouth and his hands moved from my hair to my hips, rolling us over.

I grinned at him as he pulled away, rising up on his knees. I ran my teeth over my bottom lip as Dimitri reached over to the nightstand, pulling another condom out. I ran my toes against his calf, looking up at him. Dimitri winked at me as he rolled it on and gripped my thighs, lifting my hips up.

I was giddy with excitement. The glint and hunger in Dimitri's eyes fed my anticipation and I took in a shuddered breath when Dimitri lined himself and thrusted into me. I knew that this wasn't going to be a slow and tender coupling, it was going to be rough and quick. And equally as intoxicating.