CHAPTER #8- Recycling Life

Mulai dari awal

But as she found out later that day, the past refused to be buried.  Jin had just finished her shift at Mc Donald's.  As she walked outside she smiled, seeing Jay's SUV waiting for her.  He was leaning up against it, talking on the phone. He saw her and waived.  As she arrived in front of him, he held up his hand as if to say 'one minute'.

"Jin! Jin Bong is that you? Jin it's your dad!"

She froze as she heard those words. Slowly she turned around looking in the direction of the shouting, terrified that he truly was there. Jin dropped her bag, shaken to the core.

Jay noticed the change in her body language and hung up, "I'll call you back." He threw her bag into the SUV, via the open window and then moved to stand beside Jin.  "What's wrong, who is that?"

As the man came closer, Jin moved sideways, half of her body hid behind Jay.  "He's... he's my dad.  Jay let's go, before he gets here."

He shot a look over his shoulder and could see terror in Jin's eyes.  The hand she placed on his shoulder, trembled in fear.  Immediately he wanted to protect her and took a defensive stance.  "The door's unlocked, you can get in."

"Jin, haven't you forgiven me yet?  Your brother has." Mr. Bong was five feet away from the SUV.

"My brother doesn't know the truth, mom hid that from him and so did you.  Please just leave me alone," Jin's voice wavered as she tried to remain strong.

Jay positioned himself between them, "she doesn't want to talk to you man, just go."

Mr. Bong looked at the guy in front of him and the muscular arms.  "Baby it's time to come home."

"Never! Stay away from me."  Jin got in Jay's SUV from the driver's side and moved over to the passenger seat.

Jay got in and they drove away.  He looked at Jin and saw her crying.  "Hey you're okay."

"Thank you.  Thank you for protecting me from that man."

"Was he your dad?" Jay asked.

"Yes....I'm sorry, can you just take me home.  Please call Sunny and cancel training tonight."

"Sure." He was disappointed, but understood that she had family shit to deal with.  "Call me later, okay?"  Jay asked as he dropped her off.

Jin nodded, but he wasn't confident that she would.  He wondered what Jin had to forgive her father for and why she was scared of him.  He waited until she was inside the building before leaving.  He called his friend back, to finish the call he'd hung up on.  Then he called Sunny.

"What she cancelled?  She never cancels.  Are you free, can you come pick me up?  I think we should both go over and see what's up."

"Okay Sunny, um, like I think she might not want company."