1.

"Finally I can say this beautiful woman that I love is my wife and I'm her husband."

"I promise to cherish you, forever and always."

His words at the altar keep repeating in my mind as I stare at my own reflection in the mirror. His wife, I mouth the words, blushing at how they sound.

I look around my lady room and feel my heart jump at the realization that it's mine. All the light pink and white decorations, the cute little glass chandelier and all the white furniture. It's nowhere as simple as the lady room at my dad's castle Well, Kier's dad's castle now.

I notice a small perfume bottle with a pink fluff ball at the cap. I spray a bit on my wrists and inhale the sweet, vanilla essence, not sure if I like how my current floral perfume mixes with this one.

The gown is absolutely dazzling. The off-shoulder long sleeves made me look so elegant walking down the aisle and the lace at the back was an adorable detail to a very simple design. The fabric hugged my curves nicely and spread all over the groun around me, which at first made me nervous. I'm used to wearing wide skirts that stop at my ankles but my chaperon made sure to teach me how to walk in longer skirts as well.

I didn't have the oppoturnity to wear such gowns in the Rosemary Palace since my dad gave up the crown before I was born, therefore not hosting any ceremonies or special occasions.

I feel restless and can't stop thinking about how unreal it all is. I'm married to Prince Kier. It's really happening.

Kier and I have been dating for years, but I've been in love with him even before that. Who wouldn't be? Everytime our families had a shared dinner, he would completely charm me with how he held and presented himself. What a great teacher he was when he helped me with my studies. I couldn't help but blush everytime he would talk about the kingdom and its people as if he already owned it while still remaining humble and being able to crack a joke.

He is just a dream man - from looks and personality to his ambitions and goals.

A girl like me, who was always protected and guided by my dad, wants a man she can rely on, a man she can build a future with. And Kier has always been the standard.

"Your Highness." I turn to the door at the sound of Amelie, my maid, who's looking at me sternly with her green eyes, resembling the darkest, densest forest while her tan complexion appears warm, as if hit by the rays of sun. Her dark brown locks are tied up in a tight bun.

"Come in." I invite her in and she proceeds to walk inside the room, taking a last peek at the hallway before shutting the door.

We exchange a serious look before we both erupt into laughter.

"Oh my dear, you looked so adorable!" She walks up to me with her hands clasped together.

I brush my long blonde hair, almost getting my fingers stuck in the hairspray-covered curls. "I know right? I love the way they styled me."

"Pfft, I wasn't talking to you." She sits down next to me, pretending to pose in front of the mirror. I smack her shoulder playfully before she warmly wraps her arm around me.

"Richard would be so proud. I mean, look at you." She looks me up at down and I notice the wet coating on her eyes. "You're gorgeous Ari. Gorgeous."

I look at her in the reflection of the mirror and a force smile at her, becoming upset at the sound of Daddy's name. "I wish he was here."

The arm around me tightens as I try to not ruin my makeup with tears. "I know, I know. I'm sorry."

Amelie rubs my back reassuringly before her eyes light up. "But!"