Reminiscing

Quidditch practice was always fun. Challenging yet fun. I did enjoy it, don't get me wrong. It was one of my favourite hobbies and I loved playing with the other Gryffindors. But the one thing that I really hated was playing against the Slytherins. My God, they were fabulous. They were all somewhat decent people but they all happened to be absolutely incredible at the game. The best player was, of course, Dorcas Meadowes - the seeker. Even though I, Marlene Edine McKinnon, was only a chaser, I couldn't help but feel the need to hurry straight past the other players and try to catch the Golden Snitch before she could. However, as that was not my position, I stuck to my designated aim.

The thrill of the competition, the wind blowing through my hair, the feeling of pure ecstasy when you won. Magnificent. Nothing else like it made me feel so free and exhilarated.

Apart from quidditch, there wasn't much that I did outside of classes. I liked to play the electric guitar but it never left the comfort of my bedroom - I particularly enjoyed doing the riffs from various Arctic Monkeys songs or creating random rhythms for my own pleasure. It was definitely a good way to let out my emotions without punching a wall or bruising my knuckles.

I wasn't really too fond of school, to be honest. The phrase 'brightest tool in the shed' was not a phrase that would commonly be used to describe me. I don't actually know why I never properly applied myself - I could've been the smartest person in my year. Hell, even the whole school. Lessons were just so boring and a waste of time. All I wanted to do was get hammered with my friends in the Forbidden Forest and run away. A couple of them were actually on the quidditch team with me so games and practices were really just us taking the piss. I do miss it.

My year had a mixed view of me, as far as I was aware. Some thought that I was a fun loving, idiotic, hilarious git and some thought that I was a stupid, annoying, punchable git. I can't say that I haven't had my fair share of relationships and flings. Maybe that's why some people didn't like me. Not sure why, though. Who wouldn't love a girl who isn't afraid to be open about her romantic history?

Who isn't afraid.

I had secrets. Secrets I couldn't even tell Lily or Sirius.

How would I know if they would be okay with it, let alone be friends with someone like me?

Can you tell that I love to think of the past?