Chapter Seven

Hey Guys! I'm back. In the midst of my a-level year I decided to update for you since updates have been so scarce most recently. SOOOOOO SORRRY!

Enjoy anywho xx

Jessalyn.

People started joining in and gradually the fight began to shuffle down and out of the double porch doors into the large open garden space. I screamed for them to cut it out but my threats were being drowned out by the hooting and hollering coming from the guys that were involved in the fight. There was probably one person who wasn't drunk. And guess what... IT WAS ME! Guys, I wish I was lying. I really do.

"Oi! Stop it! I'm serious boys!" I shouted taking my shoe off and hitting a few people to try and get them off. However, the desired affect was not reached. I had no idea why they were fighting but I know they were gonna die when I finally found them.

Picture this: Teo is standing in between Jay and Moises holding them apart. Fists are flying and there are more than the two peoples that should be. I'm hitting this guy with my shoe who seems to have something against Moises and I've seen him throw a few punches at Mateo. So I catch Mateo's eye just as the meat head turns around and comes towards me. His eyes are deathly red and I doubt its just from alcohol. My eyes widen and all I can think is "Please give my unicorn slippers to Michelle! They cannot go to waste."

You could almost read the decision on Mateo's face. Break up the fight or watch me get my face broken. And alsooooo, he had like 0.222 seconds to decide. Mateo flew between me and the meathead druggie punching him several times in he face.

"Mateo. Mateo stop it!" I shouted as he flipped the guy double his size onto the floor and continued trying to make him into a smoothie. I grabbed his shirt trying to pull him off. I didn't want the guy to die!

"Mateo. Please." I whispered knowing he could not be in anymore trouble with the police. He stopped slowly and got off the guy then began walking towards me. He stopped momentarily and kicked the guys swiftly in his stomach then jogged the distance between us and engulfed me in a hug.

"You're actually an idiot." He mumbled kissing my hair and breathing it in. His heart was beating erratically and in that moment I realised that the night was not over and the fight was now in full swing. I had to stop it. I pulled away from Teo's firm grasp.

As we made our way over to the fight quickly the circle dispersed. Screams filled the air and my blood froze in my veins. We ran over and saw the pool of blood soaking into the grass.

It covered Jaden's stomach and was all over Moises shirt as well. Jaden cried out in pain and sirens began to fill the air. And that's when the knife in Moises hand became the most stand out thing in the whole situation.

Suddenly the place was swarming with police. Moises was pressed into the ground and paramedics lifted Jaden up and carried him towards the ambulance. Michelle was walking along with the stretcher and I stood with Mateo's are almost shielding me from the view of the watching audience who had turned to face us with questioning and calculating eyes.

Had it really happened. Was this just a terrible nightmare that I couldn't wake up from? Wake up Jessa! Wake up!

The police made their way over to us looking at the swollen knuckles of Teo and the blood on my dress from said knuckles.

"Can you come wit us down to the station please."

Unable to speak I nodded mutely and grasped onto Mateo's hands for dear life thinking I would fall without his support. He slowly led me towards the police car as we silently watched Moises being pushed into the police car protesting.

The door of the car clicked closed and we began to roll away. My hand still safe and secure in Teo's grip. His thumb rubbed over my knuckles an almost soothing gesture.

"What do you thinks gonna happen?" I asked in a small voice looking into his eyes.

"I don't know Jess. But its gonna be okay." He said, more to himself than me.

We got to the police station and we immediately sent into separate questioning rooms.

And that's where our story began. Our group of friends ripped apart by that one night.