Snow Sugar smiled at the idea and walked back upstairs, leaving Herb in the living room.

Herb put down the book, beginning to get bored of the contents inside. He felt like he needed to do something, something that made him feel busy. Usually during this time of year, he would be tending to his plants; unfortunately, not many survived the sudden outburst of frost. He looked around the house, seeing if anything came to mind about what he could do. Clean? No, I just dusted the house yesterday. Cook? No, too early for food, just had breakfast. The list went on. Herb slouched in the chair, letting his body weight loose in the cushions of the couch.

Herb suddenly had an idea. He had been lonely for a while due to being stuck indoors for so long, so maybe it was about time he and Werewolf had that sleepover that Snow Sugar talked about.

Quickly, Herb rose himself off the couch and went upstairs to his bedroom. Passing by Snow Sugar's room, he heard them playing around with the stuffed cake hound again, making sound effects as usual. Herb turned into his room, making his way to his dresser. He pulled open one of the drawers, finding a group of supplies neatly organized together. There, he grabbed a feathered pen along with ink. In another drawer, he gathered a few papers, taking them over to his nightstand.

Herb sat on his bed, hovering over the paper that lay on top of the nightstand with the ink on the edge of the stand. A lamp lit the area that sat beside the ink, giving most of the attention to the paper before him. Herb lightly dipped the pen into the ink and began to write his thoughts.

Dear Werewolf cookie,

I hope this letter finds you in great comfort. I have been safely living in my home for a while now and was getting curious on how you have been these past couple days. I know you have mentioned that the cold doesn't bother you as much (seeing as you helped me back to my house with no trouble, thank you again for that), so I thought maybe you can come visit me again. I really hope the walk won't be too much trouble from your place to my house.

I'll assume you stay up in that cave that I first found Snow Sugar in, so this letter should arrive there. If not, then you probably found this letter in the middle of nowhere.

Besides that, I'll need to get someone other than me or Snow Sugar to send this letter, so I'm sorry if you see a random cookie deliver this letter. I do plan to write to you often, so expect to see plenty of cookies come up to your cave that you probably have never seen before.

If you can't write back to me, I'm fine with that. I just hope we can get to know each other better and maybe share a cup of cocoa sometime. Snow Sugar told me that they heard you comment on the smell of cocoa in the house, so maybe I can make you some if you ever plan to visit.

Either way, please come meet me in person, Snow Sugar is really looking forward to a sleepover with you. Plus, it's been pretty lonely recently. I haven't been able to go out and visit a few of my friends at Sparkling's bar, so I can only imagine what it's like for them to be separated like this.

Sincerely, a new friend:

Herb Cookie

Herb placed the pen on the side of the nightstand and stood up from the bed. He went back to the previous dresser and opened another drawer. This time, he pulled out an envelope and a small wooden box. He went back to the stand, setting his supplies down.

Herb started with the envelope, folding the letter inside and making sure the letter would fit neatly. He then went to the small box, opening it to find some wax; it was a deep shiny emerald colored wax.