03

"

"...Check your windows, [Name]..."

__

My room was a mess. Pencils spread out across the room, cut-out newspaper pieces struck to the bulletin board that now took up a majority of my wall. Sharpies circling random phrases and words surrounded by question marks or tiny annotations.

And me? I was a mess. The more I researched the farther I fell down this rabbit hole. Anniversary killings, multiple killers, experience in murder, etc. All of it kept piling up except for one thing; motive.

The motive just wasn't there. Nothing tied all of it together. At least, not yet. It felt awful to wish for another murder, but I prayed for it. The chance to get more clues was what I wanted more than anything.

The first kill was the most important at the moment. At first, I thought it was Casey, but now I'm sure it wasn't her. It was Sidney's mom. It had to be! As much as I believed Sidney, I couldn't let my hunch go.

The killing was a year ago, and it just was a coincidence that another killing is happening as the anniversary is upcoming. No way.

I just couldn't figure out how the killer could go from something so personal to something seemingly random. Why would he kill Casey?

Besides, the age range I have for Casey Becker's murder would be teen to early twenties, but for Sidney's mom, it would have been much older.

My turmoil was overwhelming me. As I thought I had a lead everything would jumble together like a ball of yarn. At this point, I wasn't sure of anything. Maybe Billy was right. I should've just waited til the next murder...

I raked my hands into my sleeves as I tried to comfort myself. What was I thinking? Solving a murder was impossible. I have no experience, no teacher to guide me, I have nothing. Nothing good. Nothing useful. All I have is stolen supplies and slipping sanity.

I escaped my once haven now hell to go downstairs. Some food to refresh my mind was what I needed. Tatum's door was closed today, but I could hear her talking. Probably to Sidney.

My stomach turned at the thought of Sidney. She was already having trouble dealing with the murders apparently, and Gale Weathers harassed her about Cotton. I felt as if I was betraying her even considering this killer could be the one that killed her mom instead.

Downstairs I saw Dewey on the phone. I hid from his vision as I listened to his conversation.

"Sidney Prescott?"

"The killer?"

"I'm on my way."

Sidney? What was going on??